• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

That must be why OTs were flying off the board in the first round. Not gonna lie, i was hoping for DJ Humphries or a WR. Humphries went off the board at 24, Perriman at 26, and Gettleman screwed the pooch at 25,imo. I'm still waiting to see him draft an OT in ANY round of a draft. It's not like it hasn't been a major need for the last 4 or 5 years.

Most all of the good ots were gone by our pick. Dave said in one of his pressers that no ot was worth being a lt, most all rt.

So he should just reach for a player a few round earlier, that may not be any good, just because it is a need? You don't draft players in a round they are not worthy of being in. You dont pick 2nd/3rd round talents in the first.  Same goes for wr, none of the ones left were worth being picked in the 1st.

I feel like a lot of Huddlers will regret downing Shaq in a few months. Trust in Gettlemagic people!!! I do...and we have plenty of picks to address LT and WR. Jake Fisher or Devin Smith in the 2nd!

I will happily regret it if he proves me wrong, but my expectations are low.

I think it is great to support your team and GM during the off season...

But can we all agree that if anyone who is currently supporting this move, and the moves in the off season we have made thus far...

Creates any threads from late August through February complaining about Newton or our offense not putting up points be banned from posting on the Huddle? 

I like Shaq. I understand why we picked him. But I'm ready to build our offense in a league that overwhelmingly favors the offensive player.

you and people like you are missing the point. Panthers got a steal. He's going to be an impact player next year and was certainly BPA. 

I love the Shaq pick, but I do truly believe that if Lael Collins would have been available that DG would have taken Collins. That's just my opinion. There is no way in hell any team is going to draft Collins today or tomorrow with a potential murder charge hanging over his head. 

I think Collins would have been the pick today if not for his circumstances. 

I don't think Collins would've been there at #25 if it wasn't for this murdery thing.

The Weakside LB gets virtually no snaps in our defense. Trying to act as if we have some fierce collection of LBs when the 3 will seldom see snaps on the field together is ridiculous.

Additionally, it's being reported he won't be at OTAs.

We have played to our personnel. We have not had a 3rd play-making linebacker to give snaps to. Now that we do, the defensive scheme will change to utilize him. I assume Gettleman, Rivera, and McDermott have some kind of plan to use this kid.

These people do this for a living and I have no reason to think they are idiots...yet.

That may be, but of all the young QB's that you believe are surrounded with offensive talent by their teams, how many have won the SB?

I'm not saying I don't want the team to stack talent around Cam, but who is winning championships with all this stacked talent?

The Colts are going further than us and have a chance to top the Patriots because they have no defense and well we have no offense so no challenging Seattle's defense. If we were more balanced on offense we could beat them but we are not. I can understand a pass rusher but a LB with our pick is no doubt a head scratcher. There were still some good WRs left that teams after us jumped on quickly. Cam is not being surrounded by talent and that makes our offense play horribly.

Archived