• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade up to 9th pick of second round - select Devin Funchess

Montsta

Not all but when your speed is a undrafted guy made of glass and a older player with suspect hands then it is an issue. This sounds like people defending gettleman last year saying bell and chandler will be enough.

Oh come on now. Brown and Ginn are to receiver what Bell and Chandler were to starting tackle? Seriously? Corey Brown is no longer an undrafted rookie, he's someone with way more experience than every single player that's been drafted this weekend. I think he'll prove his worth as a #2 receiver or excellent #3 depending on how they use Funchess.

...cant have the top player in every position because its financially impossible... I like the blend we have on offence... if we can get an Olineman worth a damn on the left side i'll be feeling real good and the draft isn't the only place to get one...

At this point yes the draft is the only place to get one lol. We refused to sign anyone of value at ol or wr because we assumed we would draft better. If Oher doesn't have an amazing comeback year we are in trouble.

Not all but when your speed is a undrafted guy made of glass and a older player with suspect hands then it is an issue. This sounds like people defending gettleman last year saying bell and chandler will be enough.

Now this is good criticism.  

Could easily push back and say, this is like people taking up for Gettleman after the Kelvin pick.  

I think the point that everyone needs to understand is that EVERY TEAM has a weakness.  

The teams strongest strengths and the weakest weaknesses win playoff games.  

Patriots weren't perfect, nor were the Seahawks.  

At this point yes the draft is the only place to get one lol. We refused to sign anyone of value at ol or wr because we assumed we would draft better. If Oher doesn't have an amazing comeback year we are in trouble.

...Get back to me in June...

Funchess is on my short list for receiver. Liked him from day one. He was a mid 1st rounder at one point and then dropped for various reasons following the combine including getting labeled as a TE by several scouts. He is a WR. Same thing happened with idiot scouts trying to force KB into a TE spot last draft.

Funchess is a WR who can play well inside the hashes.

Love the pick. Uneasy about the value given up for him.

Have any of you "we gotta get a speed receiver" think that maybe Hill is that other speed receiver or our staff has faith that Ginn and Brown are more than enough.

I just watched his highlights and am satisfied that Funchess is a good pick.

BTW I seriously doubt we moved up the draft just to Fug New Orleans or Atlanta.  They may have been targeting him but G'man felt he was valuable enough to go after.

Archived