• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins signs with Cowboys

SCP

I haven't heard a single thing that indicates that we were heavily involved, so it's likely a decent assumption that we weren't.

That means nothing. How many time have our writers missed something? Countless. 

I'm not saying we DEFINITELY pursued him, but to sit back and bash the organization for not signing a guy that nearly the entire league was after, with no knowledge of what we did in attempt to get him, is stupid.

You have got to be fugging kidding me. What in the hell is he thinking? He had his pick of teams and he's going to the team that has the best OL in the NFL??? A team that will give him zero chance to play at LT, which is the big money position on the OL???

Wow.

Gets cut and paid again. He will be labeled as pinned behind depth. Boom, more money

You ever think maybe he just didn't want to come here?

Both sides have to want it. 

Possibly.  But again, no indications that we even made an effort.

Pretty stunning that the guy went to the team where he'll have the most competition to get on the field and a team where he'll have zero chance to play LT. Gotta think they're either looking at RT or OG for him.  I would've definitely thought he would've wanted to go to a team that at least offered him a shot at competing for the LT position.  Marginal starting LTs get PAID.  Other than QB, it's probably the safest position in the NFL in terms of landing big money deals.

Oh well. LT is the biggest need on the team. I have no doubt that will be the first pick in next year's draft....or DE

The Panthers (and some other teams, actually) didn't necessarily see him as a good left tackle prospect. They had him graded as a second round talent.

Archived