• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins signs with Cowboys

SCP

We can laugh at Dallas all day but they've assembled a team to make a DEEP run and imo are the team to beat in the NFC

Don't agree that they are the team to beat.  The could be good this year but they have a 36 year old qb who was never as good as some Dallas fans thought anyway, and their premier running back has a history of injuries.  Their top defensive end is going to miss half the season or more.  They may get better this year, but they do have a number of question marks.

Team to beat in the NFC is still Seattle until someone actually beats them. 

We can laugh at Dallas all day but they've assembled a team to make a DEEP run and imo are the team to beat in the NFC

There is nothing wrong with our team.  I feel we have just as much chance as the Cowboys to make a deep playoff run.  Matter of fact, if we could just beat the Seahwaks once.  I think that would be the last "mental" hurdle we need.  

That being said, Dallas is still missing pieces as well, it's just that their Oline makes our Oline look like a poo poo platter.  

Front 4 ---- Carolina even with the Kraken in Dallas.

Linebacker ---- Carolina > everyone else in the league

Seconday  ----  I'll say push, but I think ours is better

O-line ----  Dallas > everyone else in the league

TE ----  I'll say push but Olsen is better imo.

WR--- Dallas (yes Dez Bryant is that bad of a man)

RB --- Carolina (Stewart is better than McFadden if the Cowboys get AP however, behind that Oline...eeewww).

QB --- Dallas  (2014 Romo better than last year 2014 Cam.  Flame all you want but it's the truth.  I would take Cam over Romo however).

Coaching --- Riverboat Ron > Jason Garrett > Ron Rivera.

We don't have the organizational structure to attract big name FA's.  We don't have the weather, the night life, the state sales tax that usually end up being the determining factor).  It is what it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

Yep. A strong o-line is tough to defend against in January and February.

anybody upset in the slightest about not getting Collins can take solace in the fact that, outside of maybe the Cowboy's NFL East rivals, the fanbase most upset about this is the Aints. Collins is from Baton Rouge, went to college in Baton Rouge for Louisiana's flagship NCAA team, and Baton Rouge is just an hour up the road from New Orleans

Saints were an OG away from having a Top 15 interior line with newly-acquired All-Pro C Max Unger from SEA and the once-good but currently overrated Pro Bowl OG Jahri Evans. Saints have a pair of solid OTs in Armstead and Strief and bolstered the OT competition by blowing a luxury pick on OT Andrus Peat because he was their BPA at #13.

Aint fans wanted La'el bad for that OG spot that was one of their top needs (looks like they filled it with UDFA Sean Hickey of Syracuse who was worth, at best, our late 4th R pick)

Archived