• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Camp MVP - Damiere Byrd

Jeremy Igo

sounds like a work horse maybe they will show him on the Carolina Huddle mini-camp show next weekend as I watched the Panther Huddle yesterday where they showed the rookies playing. And they showed Gettie and Ron introducing Shaq to Carolina and you could tell they really loved him and where high on him finishing his college and his work ethics..And listening to Shaq made me feel a lot better about the pick...I think he will be a solid addition to Carolina and not a waste of a pick..

The kid has the legs of a 190+ player. A little upper body work and he will get there.

He is the opposite of guys like Joe Adams who had sticks for legs.

That comparison about Byrd's legs, brings to mind Steve Smith and the  large,powerful he has for  legs for his size.

I just sense a lot of optimism. I hope and want all of these guys to succeed. I was just rying to see if you were playing them up a little bit for a little needed hype. 

From your response I think you are meaning what you say. It sounds like we have some good new players.

Living in Florida I dont get much of a chance to see my team, especially in the offseason. Thanks for the updates. I hope you didnt take my post the wrong way.

Jeremy has posted training camp write-ups before about how there was no sense of urgency and the team seemed listless, before they came out and sucked in the regular season. If he sounds optimistic, it's not because it's forced or hype, it's what he feels based on what he watches.

• Pie 1