• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A special thank you for all our mom's that have left us

Jmac

To all my fellow huddlers who have lost mom's, a tribute to them on this special day. May we all have fond memories and celebrate their lives. Love you mom and you will never be forgotten.

Lost mine on Thanksgiving 2005 to an aneurism. I try to live as loving and caring as she was every damn day.

Happy Mother's Day mom!

And to the fortunate ones who still have their mothers, don't take them for granted. Spoil them today and every other day you possibly can.

My mom died after a long terrible battle with cancer in 1980 when I was a teenager. I was a self absorbed goofball, she spent her last year at a hospital an hour and a half away and didn't want my sister and I to see her if she was feeling really bad which was a lot, and she was sick for a couple of years before that, so I only really knew her as a mom to fairly young kids.I do have a pretty cool stepmom though.

My mother died at age 43. She was a wonderful person, kind, smart, and loving.  There was no one who did not like her. I was in college when she died. We had just begun to develop an adult mother/daughter relationship.  She was and still is the person I most admired.  She had become my best friend.

Many years have passed since she died.  I still miss her every day.  She is still  in my dreams.  There is no darker day in my life than the day she died.

When she died, I did not think I could survive.  My loss is still great. 

I have come to a place where I know that I am a better person because of the mother that I had.  I feel fortunate and would trade her for anyone.  After many years, I know I am probably a more compassionate person.

There is nothing in my life  I would not trade for 1 more day with her.

For years, I hated Mother's Day.  Now, I just try to ignore it.

Archived