• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady suspended 4 games, pats lose 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th in 2017

Filming the opposing team was actually legal during our Super Bowl season, so it's hard to call it cheating. It only became illegal in 2007, when they were caught continuing.

It's actually still legal to this day, only filming from the sidelines was made illegal. You can film from the stands or across the street (which is how they filmed our SB practices).

Really? That's stupid to allow film from the stands, don't know the logic behind it.

I don't know if reducing the psi on some footballs made all that much difference, but it seems like a travesty of justice when the two equipment guys associated with this are suspended indefinitely, while the obvious initiator of the deflated balls gets off with a slap on the wrist.

What were the equipment guys to do?

Equipment Managers: "Yeah, Tom we hear ya. You want less pressure in the footballs, but there are rules about this sort of thing. We could get fired, so we're not going to do it."

Tom: Well if you don't do it guess what is going to happen?

These equipment guys were put in a no win situation and now they have lost their jobs. Meanwhile the instigator gets a few more weeks off to attend some more celebrity functions with his supermodel wife.

Different sources.

Brady is being punished by the NFL, while the suspensions of McNally and Jastremski were initiated by the Patriots organization.

And realistically, who would you expect them to punish? :lol:

It's clear to the Pats - and probably their fans too - that Brady was just an innocent victim in all this. McNally and Jastremski must have plotted the whole thing without his knowledge.

That neither he nor anyone else happened to notice the difference? Well...that's just unfortunate But it's not his fault! :wacko:

Funny thing about that...

Florio pointed out that when Sean Payton was suspended, "ignorance was no excuse".

Apparently it is now :unsure:

I heard an ex Patriot player on the radio talking about this - dont remember who it was but it was one from the 2003 team.  he said bellicheat has a finger in everything that happens with the pats.  He was also very pissed about not only this but spygate, saying that it taints all the hard work that he and most of his non cheating team mates put in.

Yeah, I bet you'd be just as good if you could cheat right??

So far off the mark, that's a child's mentality.

No, I cant be as good its why I dont play Fooball. I did in Middle School though does that count?

IMO I dont think Brady is that Good at QB honestly. If you look back at how many rules and regulations that have been changed because of him, it will tell you something, that he cant do anything unless it is his way.  Sure, he has 4 SB rings Blah Blah, it is the Cheatriots. I am always seeing Tom Brady Whine about something, to me that is not a Winner or somebody that has Talent.  A person with Pure Talent wouldnt complain, change rules or anything, they would just play Football, encourage the sport, and be humble. Tom Brady is always Dodging Questions, has a persnickety attitude, and dosnt care about anything but himself. He is not a Leader.

It seems like the NFL is NOT calling Brady a cheater. I think the message that the 4 games sends is that he did not cooperate...giving the potential perception that there were misdeeds and knowing about it. So while we, the public, call Tom Terrific a cheater, I think the league is just saying "We suspend you for 4 games because we had an investigation, you refused to cooperate with it and have caused the NFL to potentially look bad." It doesn't seem like he was suspended at all for the actual act or involvement. The organization on the other hand was punished for the actions of it's employees.

So it can be debated about how much Tom knew and whether or not he had any involvement. It can be debated because there is no direct proof. Only circumstantial evidence. But what cannot be debated...is that Tom didn't cooperate with the NFL. So they suspended 4 games for that. Which is consistent with what Hardy got for not cooperating.

In the end, I'd say the NFL got it right. The Panthers, Vikings and Chargers are being brought up a lot recently because of warming balls and sticky towels or something like that. I'm not sure about what went on with the Chargers but I think the fundamental difference with the Vikings and the Panthers was that it was out in the open. There was no conspiracy to break the rules. Both teams had the same reaction to the elements and then were told not to do that and both stopped. There was no premeditation to knowingly break the rules and I think that intent is important. If one wanted to argue that the rules were broken and cheating is cheating (like a player "unknowingly taking a banned substance from his Flintstone vitamins) then I guess I couldn't argue against that. But I would argue that the punishment would be much less severe.

Archived