• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many true, lifelong Panthers fans are actually out there?

SIGCHI222

I have run out of daily pie otherwise, ...........or is it, I have run out of daily pie, otherwise....

ANYWHO...I wish I could pie all you motherfathers. 

In reality, my intention was two-fold.  Start a nice feel good post and #2 see how close we are to our full second generation of Panthers fans.

It is obvious #1, Panthers fans are some good people.  Hasn't seemed to matter where they were from originally or where they are now...just good people.

#2 it is really obvious that most of you bastards are in your early to mid 20's.

Get to fugng and make the next Gen of Panthers fans.

My dad has always been a chargers fan, I was never about that life and didn't have a favorite team. so one day he bought a poster with every team logo and said pick one that's your favorite team. I picked the Panthers and never looked back

Checking in as a lifetime fan. I don't begrudge others for being different but I'm fiercely loyal to my home state. I was 18 in 95 and didn't even watch football until then. I just innately couldn't care about a team in Atlanta or DC.

I'm nearly 31 and have been a Panthers' fan since before they played their first game. My family was Cowboys' fans and I grew up watching them root for them. When the expansion came, I decided I wanted a team of my own, and chose the Panthers.  Living in VA, I had early hopes the Panthers would grow a fanbase here as well, but that hasn't panned out. Maybe when RG3 continues to suck and after the Panthers have a few SB's that will change.

I was, admittedly, more of a casual fan until 2011.(I could never figure out how to view the games) Unlike many though, it wasn't because we drafted Cam but because I moved to Charlotte the month before the draft. What perfect timing! I now live back in VA, but follow the Panthers religiously, creating mock drafts, analyzing the salary cap, free agency, the roster projections, etc.

Get to fugng and make the next Gen of Panthers fans.

Wife's family is all Bear fans, but she wasn't a football fan.. Finally got her to watch a game, she saw Luke, and then coincidentally watched the final 4 games of the season.

Whatever works, but now I can be sure to make a purebred Panthers fan

I was in my 30s when the Panthers were born, I watched the exhibition games they played here when the NFL wanted to see what type of support NC/SC would give to pro football before the teams were awarded. The local news called them the "Carolins Blues" before they officially had a name. Was an Eagles fan back when they went to the super bowl against the Raiders. After getting wind of a possible expansion team being in Carolina, never once looked back!

As you can see by most of your first page post.  I don't see how you can exclude older fans.

Ever since I was a young man who started watching football I have always been a Carolina fan even if we didn't have a team. I always dreamed this area should have a team. 

I remember the short lived WFL Carolina Cougars..  

The moment the I heard that Carolina's were putting together a franchise bid.  I have been a fan.

I can tell you, you won't find a more rabid fan of this team.  Many on my level but not higher.

I eat, sleep and drink Panther Football.

I nominate this thread to be one of the best threads in 2015 as it helps me to know so many great stories of our Panthers fans.

Thanks OP.

Cargo Shorts and 2o beers might compete. My money is on Cargo Shorts FTW.

Archived