• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Dusty Rhodes

SCP

He was part of the era of wrestling that I really dug.  Him, Flair, Nikita and Ivan Koloff, Tully Blanchard, Legion of Doom, etc. etc.    

I remember seeing Ivan Koloff in a Kmart about 10-15 years ago doing some promo work for a local wrestling match.  Nice dude.

​You didn't mention Mr. Wrestling.

Wasn't wrestling local then?  I feel proud to be from the South, where my ancestors pioneered Great American traditions like rasslin, Snake handlin' Church, and NASCAR--and pretty much anything else where yelling "YEEEEEEAH" at any given time is considered appropriate.

RIP big Dust. A true wrestling legend. I grew up as an 80's kid and the NWA was king IMO. I saw many wrestling shows and my Aunt was "good" friends with Ric Flair. He'd come up and sit beside her for a few minutes before the shows. I was awestruck. The Road Warriors were by far my favorites. 

"I've wined and dined with kings and queens, I've slept in alleys and ate pork n beans" 

I don't really watch much anymore, but one thing I do know is I wish they'd just let guys be themselves instead of saddling them with stupid gimmicks.

Well with both sons they kinda did that but they couldn't get completely over.

Even Dustin at one point had a big moment on RAW where he burned the Goldust attire said he would never do that again and went by Dustin again.

Couple years later he is right back to being Goldust again because the character was more over

In general I get what u are saying though

Archived