• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshawn Lynch : Seahawks fans

SCP

For some reason I think Carolina would be like the anti-bandwagon team.  We'd get all the fans of other teams telling us how we didn't deserve it and how lucky we were and how Cam stole a laptop 10 years ago so we should have an asterisk next to our championship.  

They definitely have a lot of bandwagoners.

But let's be honest, if the Panthers or Hornets won a championship, we wouldn't be turning away an influx of new fans either.

Too late.

Cam is responsible for 60% of the Panther fan base and if he were traded tomorrow they'd all be gone, I'd bet money on it.

Some people are just fans of players, some are fans of the sport, and some are fans of winning.

I'll lose my mind on a dipshit that shows up after we win a Super Bowl. I've suffered through too much poo to share that glory with some 16 year old "fan" that has his new Panthers jersey hangin beside his Seahawks/Patriots/Steelers jersey.  fug that kid in the face.

Yep. Lets continue having our stadium overrun by opposing team fans all because you don't want new fans. 

Want to see my Reebok 89 jersey? Is what I always tell them

I have a custom panthers jersey I got in 04 and even wore for picture day in 7th. I went to a shool that has a dress code and picture day was the only day we could break it. I chose to wear my Panthers jersey. Fug yea 

For some reason I think Carolina would be like the anti-bandwagon team.  We'd get all the fans of other teams telling us how we didn't deserve it and how lucky we were and how Cam stole a laptop 10 years ago so we should have an asterisk next to our championship.  

the things you mentioned already constitute a popular circle jerk on plenty of other sites.  i could see it going that way.

I'll lose my mind on a dipshit that shows up after we win a Super Bowl. I've suffered through too much poo to share that glory with some 16 year old "fan" that has his new Panthers jersey hangin beside his Seahawks/Patriots/Steelers jersey.  fug that kid in the face.

To be honest, I'd rather have a 16 year old kid come to our side than some 32 year old guy who's already changed teams two or three times.

how does someone become a panthers fan, in a way that is acceptable?

Well, first and foremost, you need to have been a fan since1992 before the team was a glimmer in JR's eye. Then you need to know who Pete Metzelaars and Bill Goldberg were. then you need to have attended the hall of fame game in 1995. Then you would need to date Walter Rasby's neice.

Well, first and foremost, you need to have been a fan since1992 before the team was a glimmer in JR's eye. Then you need to know who Pete Metzelaars and Bill Goldberg were. then you need to have attended the hall of fame game in 1995. Then you would need to date Walter Rasby's neice.

I have an old high school friend who went to Wabash college. does that count?

how does someone become a panthers fan, in a way that is acceptable?

Be interested in the team, team history, past players, the whole team. Like the team for a valid reason, being hot or winning isn't one of them but I guess it could be. It is more than following a player from college IMO. None of that means you need to be a certain age. It's just general interest.

I dont know what the big deal is about bandwagon fans.  There is plenty of room on board for everyone who wants to join.  Folks who are just bandwagoners wont be here for long until they move on to the next greatest thing.  And if they stick around, then great.  If you have been around for a long time through thick and thin then you will obviously have more to celebrate when we win it all.  But that doesnt negate those who dont make the switch until later on.  After all how many folks did we pick up during the 2003 run who are still here today.

I welcome everyone to jump on board whenever you feel like it.  Feel free to jump off as well.  In the meantime I am a lifer who will be here for the duration.  Each to their own.  Tolerance doesnt just apply to race, creed, or sex.  It should be relevant in all matters. Just my 2 cents. 

Archived