• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me about your idiosyncrasies.

pstall

I do that too.

And despite being right handed, I'll put them all on my left hand.  That way my right hand is free to unlock/open the door.

I've never been smart enough to figure that out. I'll put house keys in my right pocket, then load up my right hand. You'd think after the first or second (thousandth) time, I'd get it by now. Nope.

I'd also like to share my annoyances. I know you're going to think "what does that have to do with OCD?" but things seem to annoy me in very OCD ways. For instance, I hate the repetition of people and I seem to be too keen on things that should otherwise be benign and I let it annoy me. Like, if I see this guy I haven't talked to since high school rant about how Taylor Swift is an evil bitch for writing a complaint to Apple's trial policy on my news feed one more time, I'm going to throw my phone into the street.

Every lightswitch in the house must be in the down position when the lights are turned off. This is usually only a problem with lights with multiple switches. I have reinstalled lightswitches in the proper way to make sure this happens. I will pay 6 bucks for a really good beer at a restaurant without thinking about it, but won't buy a mixed drink because the markup is so damn high.

I have to put the same amount of deodorant strokes on each armpit and I usually find myself counting to 8 on each side.  Also, I count to 8 when brushing my teeth, but fast.  So, for each "side" of the particular row of teeth, I'll count 16 measures,, "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" and then switch to a different side of the teeth.  I think I just get bored when brushing my teeth and this keeps me occupied.

At the risk of putting my quirks out there:

I can't stop on the 13 of my radio volume, nor can I set my car A/C temp to 66 degrees

I can't stand stepping in something wet, especially in socks.  It's literally the worst thing in my world.  After a shower, I dry off completely before stepping out because I can't take it if the rug gets any water on it, then I step into it.  I wear flip flops constantly indoors to avoid this from happening

When I pull paper towels from a dispenser (such as public restroom) it has to be four

Like Arroz said, my deodorant application is counted out and must be the same on both sides, typically 10 strokes (5 up, 5 down)

I will no longer touch a door handle in a public restroom coming out.  Either have a paper towel on my hand, or wait for someone to come in and slip out before the door closes

My food cannot touch on the plate.  If a separate bowl is needed for a side item, so be it

I don't know how I've lived to 41 years to be honest.

• Nothing ever goes in my right pocket
  • While driving and I see a cup or plastic bottle in the road, it MUST get flattened.
  • If there is a bag on the road, I must drive over it to make it fly up the highest of everyone else.
  • Everything gets turned off in my car before I turn the key off.

Archived