• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My opposing franchise QB formula has us at 9-7/10-6

PanthersUnited

So I decided to take another glance at our schedule and it really hit me on why its such a favorable schedule. The amount of teams we play that dont have a bona fide franchise future HOFer QBs under center. Now I know you might be thinking to yourself something along the lines of "So the less times you have to play good QBs the higher chance you have at winning, well no crap sherlock!" I decided to do some digging and one conclusion I came to is under the Rivera/Cam era we are a very good team when we play teams that dont have bona fide franchise QBs. (Shocker i know! Who would have thought teams without good QBs are easier to beat) Well lets take a walk through recent history..

In 2013 these are the following QBs we faced I would consider established and top tier;

Russell Wilson

Tom Brady

Eli Manning. 

As you can see we only played a very low number of three bona fide franchise QBs, result?! 12-4 and a first round bye

Now lets take a look at 2014;

Matthew Stafford

Ben Roethlisberger

Joe Flacco

Andy Dalton

Aaron Rodgers

Russell Wilson

As you can see in 2014 we played double the amount of franchise QBs at 6 total versus the three we played in 2013, result; a very frustrating 7-8-1 season.

Now lets look at the upcoming schedule;

Russell Wilson

Aaron Rodgers

Andrew Luck

Eli Manning

That puts opposing franchise QB index at 4, 1 more than we played in the 2012 12-4 season and two less than we had in the 7-8-1 season of last year. To wrap this up, ofcourse this isnt a scientific proven formula. Just looking at our track record in the Rivera era, we do really well against non franchise QBs so as a result I think having to play 4 franchise QBs puts us right at that 9-7/10-6 range, which I do personally feel we win the division.

Oh and one more thing.. I am NOT including NFCs QBs like Ryan or Brees because those can always go either way, incase you are wondering

I don't understand how you can leave out Brees if the premise of your argument is the better the QB the less a chance we have of winning.  He's a first ballot HOFer. "It can go either way" can be applied to every team,every week.  

Im not sure any one told you this in science class but, you kind of have to show the variables in your formula in order to show that you considered explaining this to people who dont live on eating paint chips.

. . . Its not a must! Details arent for everyone. . just saying.

I don't understand how you can leave out Brees if the premise of your argument is the better the QB the less a chance we have of winning.  He's a first ballot HOFer. "It can go either way" can be applied to every team,every week.  

It just shows the fallacy of the argument when you go in with a preconceived notion of the end result and tailor your information to that conclusion.  It ignores that a quarterback alone doesnt win games and if you aren't good in all phases of the game including defense and special teams you arent going to win.  Like Atlanta and New Orleans last year.  They both scored plenty on offense but gave up a ton of points as well.  

Archived