• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula not worried about slow starts

ncmonzta

Gettleman and Rivera  are  Shula's boss..       I don't like Shula as an OC period..   

But at some point Rivera and or Gettleman need to get in his playbook and tell him what to do.  

If they already have, and he's  "doing it  "  what they want him to do we have another "concern"

Riverboat Ron doesn't seem to understand the NFL is changing and while defenses are just as important, they seem to be keeping up with  " today's  NFL ".   Ron, in the past doesn't seem to take chances unless he;s lost 3 or 4 in a row, and his back is against the wall.. 
I'm tired of not coming out of the gate with the offense blazing..

Oh,, and get rid of shula

Folks need to get over it.........

We are a ball control offense with a great defense.

anybody know where the Panthers finished in plays run last season ??

top 5, top 10, top 20 or worse ???

yeah if im mike I'd be scared to run the hurry up too given how often it brings us success

yeah if im mike I'd be scared to run the hurry up too given how often it brings us success

The worst part about this is that Mike knows we run an up tempo offense well-the man is just a mule. He is absolutely bound and determined to make the offense play the way he wants it to play and he wastes the opening months of the year every season trying to make it so until our back is against the wall and he has no choice but to adapt. Then come the panthers.com fluff pieces start about the coaching staff having a 'revelation' and that they learned to play to the team's strengths until next season starts and the process begins anew.

it's possible to win in spite of someone. we won two titles in spite of byron bell.

shula's worthlessness is overrated by some, and the fact is his quote is being taken out of context (he wasn't literally stating a desire to not score every play. the transcript said he even said it with a laugh.) however, he's clearly the weakest personnel link on the team, and his offenses have historically and contemporarily done very poorly, so naturally anything he says is going to be contextualized against that.

as it should be.

I know the article said that he laughed afterwards, but I truly believe he meant every word of it.

Archived