• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Week 1 PFF Grades - Defense

Jeremy Igo

Star traveled to Jacksonville and while the rest of the team was inside getting dressed for warm-ups, he was stretching, practicing his footwork, and using the goalpost by the Panther fans to practice his hand-fighting. No coaches or other players around. Just himself. I interpret that as him wanting to do everything he can to get healthy and taking every chance he can get to keep his skills from getting rusty. #selfmotivated

• Pie 3

Also, Chuck always seems to start the year slow doesn't he. 

Only in the last two years when hasn't played hardly any in the preseason. He got off to pretty good starts in the years prior when he played in 3 or 4 preseason games. This year he played in none and last year he only played a couple series in the 2nd preseason game.

it was against Jax but that being said that was without Star and Luke for a half.....wow this defense could be special

As anyone who has been following my kind of rambling posts in the Week 1 Stats & Analysis thread will have seen, I decided to try and analyze "big plays" for both teams, so I can track that statistic for each Carolina game this year.  That led me to creating a visual representation of each drive of the game in regard to big plays & outcome of each drive. 

Incredible to see that not only did we shut out JAX in the 2nd half, but the did not even ever cross the 50 yard line in the 2nd half.  I hadn't realized that until I saw it in front of my eyes on the table I created.  REALLY impressive.  JAX was threatening quite seriously throughout the whole 2nd quarter.  They left points on the field (as did we).  But whatever adjustments our D made at halftime worked in a BIG WAY.  Here's the chart so you can see for yourselves how the game is a tale of two halves for JAX:

WK1_DriveChart_Summary.thumb.png.2649b98

• Pie 5

As anyone who has been following my kind of rambling posts in the Week 1 Stats & Analysis thread will have seen, I decided to try and analyze "big plays" for both teams, so I can track that statistic for each Carolina game this year.  That led me to creating a visual representation of each drive of the game in regard to big plays & outcome of each drive. 

Incredible to see that not only did we shut out JAX in the 2nd half, but the did not even ever cross the 50 yard line in the 2nd half.  I hadn't realized that until I saw it in front of my eyes on the table I created.  REALLY impressive.  JAX was threatening quite seriously throughout the whole 2nd quarter.  They left points on the field (as did we).  But whatever adjustments our D made at halftime worked in a BIG WAY.  Here's the chart so you can see for yourselves how the game is a tale of two halves for JAX:

awesome work!

Brah, I guess you don't have a wife and kids or a girl??????????? where did you find the time????????? lol