• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 Guys in the Box

Jeremy Igo

Let some tell it, we are just fine at WR

There isn't a single person on this board that thinks we are 'just fine' at WR. 

There is however a fairly large contingent that know the garbage out there will not help us, and that don't want to give up too much to make a desperate trade.

But go ahead and keep living in the world of black and white because it makes processing things easier than living in the gray world with the rest of us. 

As I have said before, does not matter who we put on the field if the OC does not know what to call.  If a team puts 9in the box throw some outside jets and medium crossing routes to take advantage. That will open up the run game. 

The play is called before the defense lines up, how is he supposed to know what the defense is going to do? Cam should have called an audible.

There isn't a single person on this board that thinks we are 'just fine' at WR. 

There is however a fairly large contingent that know the garbage out there will not help us, and that don't want to give up too much to make a desperate trade.

But go ahead and keep living in the world of black and white because it makes processing things easier than living in the gray world with the rest of us. 

Pretty much. Good post.

I expect Houston to come out with the 9 in the box and I expect Cam to start off  throwing the ball.  Unlike many of you I expect our receivers to make more plays than they did on Sunday.  We are home, the Houston secondary isnt as good as Jacksonville, and I expect Funchess and Norwood to be in the game. I am still optimistic.

We can go ahead and just tear this play out of the playbook until the Panthers have a receiver again. With Jax putting 9 guys in the box because they have zero concern about doubling up a WR this play was dead before it began. Dumb call. 

That play died because nobody bought the fake and Olsen had a poor block.

The play is called before the defense lines up, how is he supposed to know what the defense is going to do? Cam should have called an audible.

you would think that if ones spends that much time dedicated to football they would pick up on that concept.

Hey, that's an upgrade! Tiger reminded me of the fifth year option that is pricey. He's not worth that. 

No, its worse than that.  Norman doesn't have a fifty year option.  That option is only for 1st round draft picks.

Our only choices with regard to Norman after this season is over is to franchise tag him, limited franchise tag him, re-sign him to a long-term contract or release him to be a free agent.

Of the options that keep him on the team, none are going to be cheap.

Some context might help. It was 2nd and 4 here. Cam got 3.5 setting up 3rd and short.  It was a successful play despite the stacked box.  Nothing wrong with the playcall or execution. Not every play has to go for a 1st down or touchdown.

Archived