• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

So anywho...

This is more of an indictment of Ealy's play then it is about Charles Johnsons injury. 

Ealy has been doing a whole lot of nothing to bad teams so I guess they figured they would not try there luck with Sea and GB.  It was a smart move if you ask me. Also CJ has not looked healthy all year, I would not be surprised if we cut him next year, keep Allen, and draft a DE next year. 

I love when people use the term "sad" on here.  What you are actually trying to convey is that you feel you are intellectually superior to the other poster.  I find that sad.   

Saying "sad" on the internet is just a cheap easy way to irritate somebody youre arguing with.  I dont think it has anything to do with egotism. 

At least this time he will get to rebuild his team by tanking in his first season as head coach.  

True but it has to be like dating the fugly girl all year so your not alone.  He'll fox didn't even clap for Pickles, it was just a slow chew on his bubble gum. 

Not to piss on anyone's parade but both Bears and Vikings fans claim he is washed up. Let's hope that magic we've had with bringing in players from different teams: Mitchell, Ginn, Drayton Florence, Kurt Coleman, etc. rubs off on Allen 

Well with the bears, as has been mentioned, he was out of his element. As far as the Vikings, there's a good chance he's "washed up" like Smitty was "washed up" to some folks around here... I mean take that attiude & imagine he went to the Falcons.

You are welcome to your opinion but I don't believe you can say that Jared Allen won't be as effective as Hardy was 2 years ago.  A 5 time Pro Bowler getting a chance to rejuvenate his career. 

What do you bet he comes in with a new fire and determination to show he still has it.  Add the fact that he has some solid interior line help.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10+ sacks in 13 games.

Possibly but you forget that Hardy was valuable for attributes other than sacks.  Hardy was a nasty special teams gunner (though I think we started to pull him from that role once the sacks started coming).  Hardy was a great lineman both on the inside and as an edge rusher.  Hardy was also great against the run and at chasing down screens and mobile quarterbacks.

The big difference here is that Hardy has unnatural raw speed for a man of his size.  He's very similar to Peppers and Robert Quinn over in St Louis.

I do hope Jared Allen rejuvenates his career and has an animal year, and I certainly think that is a possibility.  I don't think we should downplay just how great that dline in 2013 was though.

Archived