• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Surprisingly Good Read about Cam's Accuracy

Jackofalltrades

More surprising? Where I found it. Lengthy but superb write up on Cam's evolution at QB and why the NFL is taking notice.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1327197.0.html

No one questions Newton's athleticism or arm strength, but inconsistency and inaccuracy have kept him from ranking among the NFL's very best quarterbacks. Despite his flaws, the Panthers showed their commitment to him in June by signing him to a contract extension that fully guarantees him $41 million. And Newton showed his commitment to improving his accuracy by refining his mechanics during offseason workouts.

I've noticed that Cams passing mechanics have taken a major turn for the better as he is now squaring up more, in the pocket, and not throwing off his back foot (which is the reason why he was missing high on his passes.) 

the sky is the limit for our Franchise QB as a leader and face of our Franchise.

The touch he has displayed this year through three games is the bet I have seen out of him. What's better is that they are all being caught save the one in the Jax game that Cotch couldn't catch up to. 

touch is something Cam needed to improve on because lots of incompletions were a direct result of Cam throwing way too hard. 

The flip side to this, is that DBs are basically receivers that can't catch and most of Cam's ints were because of tipped passes off of incompletions. 

Interesting that they talk about how creative our play designs are to get Olsen the ball in several different ways. To listen to Shula haters here our play calling is predictable and obvious. Funny how all of the outside bloggers have been saying the complete opposite. 

Interesting that they talk about how creative our play designs are to get Olsen the ball in several different ways. To listen to Shula haters here our play calling is predictable and obvious. Funny how all of the outside bloggers have been saying the complete opposite. 

it's the mob mentality and pie. I have major qualms with Shula but he's been pretty good this year. Last game might have actually been one of his best.

We see the same old double fake pump screen plays once or twice a game at least, as well as other Shula classics.  It loses it's "creativity" after being used so many times.  WE see Shula's play calling every week, just like other coaches do and that's how they figure him out so much.  Outside bloggers don't.  That's why THEY think it's creative and WE see it as predictable and obvious.

it's the mob mentality and pie. I have major qualms with Shula but he's been pretty good this year. Last game might have actually been one of his best.

There have been reasons for concern in the past but the majority of them shouldn't be with the play calling but execution and talent on the line.  Sure Shula   Is not an offensive genius by any means but with the right guys his offense can be effective. This is only his second stint as an OC but this offense is completely different that what he ran in Tampa. He has needed time to master it and adapt it to what Cam does best.  Hopefully he has learned from Chud, Ramsdell, and even Proehl who was part of the greatest show on turf. Just like Rivera, Shula is learning and growing hopefully. I would think any panther fan would want that as well. 

Archived