• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I met Cam Newton last night......

boo7382

...and it was amazing. Those of you who follow me on FB or Twitter (or even Snapchat) Im sure have already seen my pic posted :)

I was lucky enough to be invited to a Time Warner Cable event to benefit The Cam Newton Foundation. This is the 2nd year they've had this event and my godmother is a client of theirs so I was the first person to pop into her head when she got the invite. This was greatly appreciated.

The meetup was at Sullivan's Steakhouse on South Blvd. so we got there around 630 and had a couple glasses of wine before Cam arrived. He immediately lit up the room when he walked in, shaking people's hands left and right. First question asked of the group was "How Does it Feel to be 12-0?". He answered with it felt amazing, but they wouldn't be here without the work of the entire team, etc.

They opened up the floor for questions and the guy who was speaking selfishly wanted to ask his question first which was pretty dumb IMO "What did that ref really say to you", because Cam is totally going to reveal that in a room full of people with cameras ;)

My godmother asked "How's your head, you gave us all a scare last Sunday?"

He replied with, oh its great, do you want to feel it? Everyone laughed as he leaned over so she could rub his head. He admitted he may have been a little lax on that run and that he absolutely didn't see the defender coming that hit him so hard, and it caught him off guard. There were some more questions, but a kid maybe about 5 years old raised his hand and as soon as Cam saw it he walked over to hear his question. He was so shy he immediately turned and hugged his dad's legs and wouldn't face Cam, so Cam went around behind his dad while the dad mentioned that the kid had heard Cam's hands were half the size of his body, so Cam held out his hand so they could compare. Adorable. I died from cuteness in that moment.

A girl around 12 asked "Do you ever play Madden, and if you do, do you play yourself?"

His answer was that he never plays anyone BUT himself. He spoke on how he was a kid just like all of us creating that profile on Madden to match yourself as QB and how cool it is now that he's already loaded into the game.

After questions, they walked around and everyone had a chance to chat quickly with Cam, snap a photo, and get their stuff autographed.

My turn came and we shook hands as I walked up. Of course, his hand completely enveloped basically my entire forearm. We took our pic and I thanked him for the great season. Also told him I was a part of Carolina Huddle and Roaring Riot and we have always appreciated his love and support.

His eyes lit up and he quickly responded back with "I've been so curious to know how you guys set up all these game trips and get there so quickly and in one group". I explained to him how Zack and his team set up the trips and he high fived me (low five in his case considering I'm 5ft tall)

At the end, the little girl was able to take a picture with him and they totally dabbed in the pic.

I got it all on snapchat, he even said "Dab on dem folks", it was great considering he probably gets asked to do that roughly 50 times a day.

He thanked everyone for their time and donations to his foundation and for our support this season. He also said he couldn't wait to play ATL Sunday and take it one game at a time as he has all season. At that moment I yelled "Rise Up" in a sarcastic manner and he immediately looked at me, smiled, and said "SIT DOWN!!"

I LOVE IT. That's my qb. The most genuine, kind, laid back, humble NFL player I've ever met and I'm proud to say he's the QB of my team. Great night, great experience and wanted to share it with all of you :)

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1834.PNG

Archived