• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Giant Debacle - Straw Grasping in NYC

Jeremy Igo

He's a diva, plain and simple.  He has a weak mind, too immature for the head games that are a part of professional sports.

The Giants' front office, and coaching staff, look like imbeciles.  Instead of getting in his ass, and correcting it, the coaching staff pleads with him, like he's in charge... and the front office makes excuses for him.  Embarrassment of a team...

• Pie 1

They had the media, officials and the NFL on their side yet still couldn't get it done dispite all their "help".

Now they're crying like babies. The whole market and team looks soft from over here. The coach and the team were scared of their ballerina. 

No surprise the NY media is coddling this guy

Way back in 1996, the second time that year that we faced the 49ers, then Niner fullback William Floyd walked out onto the field during pre-game warmups and launched into a profane, venomous rant against the Panthers.

Floyd was angry that the upstart expansion team had upset the 49ers in their first matchup that season, and he wanted everybody to know it.  He cursed all things Carolina and even ended his tirade by spitting in the direction of the Panther players and angrily shouting "That's what I think of y'all!"

How did the Panthers respond?

By winning the game.

In the future, if Beckham and the Giants feel as though the Panthers have treated them poorly or used harsh words or whatever, maybe instead of all the silliness and stupidity they're pulling now, they should try doing that instead. It's a much more effective form of revenge.

On the other hand, if you can't accomplish that, there's another course of action that would be far less embarrassing than their current approach.

Shut the hell up.

• Pie 1

Jeremy, first off I agree with all that you just said.  He is immature and the Giants are wrong for enabling him and are setting him up to make the same type of mistake again by not coming out and condemning him and holding him accountable.  There is no excuse for this behavior and they just need to stop.  

Secondly, I am glad that Norman didn't get hurt when OBJ lost control of his emotions and made a very poor decision.  What I see here is a very immature young man who lost control of his emotions.  Thankfully no life/career changing injury came out of this for either player.  OBJ could have easily broke his neck as well leading with his helmet in such a dangerous way.  He was an idiot at that moment.  Do I hate OBJ for any of this?  Absolutely not. I am still a fan of his game.  He is an amazing receiver and a joy to watch on the field.  He makes plays that very few in the world can dream of making on a football field.   In the heat of battle, people lose their mind sometimes.  I have lost control of my emotions during games I participated in when I was younger.  I have been on the field and fist fights have broken out in soccer games.  People have had their jaws clocked and eyes blackened.  It is wrong,  but it happens.  Lets all hope for the good of the league and OBJ that he has learned a valuable lesson and will not repeat this mistake.  Unfortunately with the Giants handing of the situation, this is questionable.  OBJ is a very fun player to watch play, and I would gladly accept a player of his talent on the Panthers.  The Giants and especially the NFL need players like OBJ to market the product.  Lets all hope for the best of the league and his own good that OBJ never does anything this stupid again.  Thank God the stupidity so far has been on the field and not off for OBJ.  Thank God that neither Josh or OBJ were seriously injured on Sunday.  A bullet was dodged.  This could be an entirely different and very sad story if things went just a little different in the 3rd quarter.  Its time to grow up OBJ.  I sincerely hope that you do.  

• Pie 1

Yall are just insensitive.    There was a man...........somewhere in that stadium.................  with a bat,    prior to the game starting.

Yall just gonna pretend that bat-gate isn't happening and I find it disgusting. 

Poor OBJ.

Edited by Pox 08

Some of those ass hats at ESPN are still trying to defend OBJ by pointing out other helmet to helmet hits where guys didn't get suspended. The thing they don't seem to understand is that there is absolutely do doubt that OBJ obviously had the intent of injuring one certain player, regardless of what else was happening on the play. You can't say that about those other hits.

The nj.com boards are infested with post hoc idiocy. I can only applaud those for holding ODB accountable there, but I mean, cmon, look at this crap:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/12/carolina_panthers_threatened_to_end_giants_odell_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home_pop

It's just like any fanboy to search for any little morsel to grasp onto in order to exonerate OBJ of his actions on the field. I don't hate Beckham Jr, even after the classless act he displayed, but that was as far as classless went in this game. He jawed at the entire defense. He roughed up Cortland Finnegan (a guy who has been notorious for getting in WRs' heads) and tried to instigate a fight with him. Cortland decided to be a pacifist. We all saw this on television, yet the angry whining Giants fanboy legion is complaining about all of this ambiguous crap that isn't anywhere near as substantiative as what Beckham displayed on the field. 

As for the rest of the Giants, they handled the situation very classy (at least during the game), as well as the Panthers. The difference is that while the rest of the Panthers were able to get a hold of Norman's ear and calm him down, the Giants couldn't do the same to Beckham because he snapped. He had no business playing in that game, a point conveniently ignored by the butthurt fans in the comment section.

• Pie 1

"Troy Vincent, NFL executive vice president of operations, sent a memo to NFL teams Tuesday saying that only certain objects are allowed on the playing field: "no foreign objects unrelated to the uniform or playing equipment are permitted on the playing field and sidelines on game day " 

I wonder if that includes our "Keep Pounding" Drum.  That would be a shame.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000607381/article/rivera-panthers-will-no-longer-bring-bat-on-field