• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

End of season Shula crow

Bozarden

56 minutes ago, IGSaint said:

If you don't hear Cam making a change at the line or gesturing then that's a Shula playcall. And I didn't see Cam doing any of that before that designed run so unless there is evidence that he did make a audible, that is on Shula. 

You do recognize that even the audibles are Shula plays too right?

I know a lot of people were questioning him after the Atlanta game and rightfully so. However, it looked as though we got our groove back yesterday which needed to happen going into the playoffs. I've wondered over the past few weeks if we have used 100% of our playbook or if Rivera has told Shula to keep the play calling simple in order to keep a few tricks for the playoffs. I honestly wouldn't have minded, based on who we were playing over the past couple of weeks, dialing back the offense and winning based solely on our talent advantage. It may have cost us a game in Atlanta but it would be good to know there are some wrinkles we already have installed that we can throw out when it really counts.

12 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Players with enough talent can make any coach look good.

Most times the opposite is true. All players in this league have talent or they wouldn't be in the NFL.  There are numerous examples of a new coach taking the same players his predecessor struggled with and turning them around. The Tuna did that everywhere he went. There are also plenty of examples where a player struggles in one system and goes elsewhere and does much better. Ginn is a perfect example. 

On the other hand there are not that many examples of coaches riding on players coat tails. Look at Luck who was gods gift to football. Seems Pagano is getting fired in some part due to Lucks struggles. Some say Peyton rode on Brees coat tails but that isn't accurate as they are a team and each relies on the other or Brees and the Saints would have flourished when Peyton was suspended and they didn't. 

Your dislike for Shula has clouded your logic and you are grasping at straws. Just eat crow and let it go. Keeping up the negative posts in the face of our most successful offense ever just makes you look clueless. You don't want that do you?

12 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Shula undoubtedly improved this year.

Shula's play calling was unbelievably improved this year.

The first 3-4 games seemed to me to be typical Shula, but by October he seemed to break out of his shell with creative play designs and calls.

From this utter Shula critic, I say: Nice job, Mike.

13 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Fool, lol.

I apologize almighty NFL sooth.

People that deal in these absolute certainties when talking what might have beens crack me the fug up.

Still waiting for a list of all these ruined QBs you speak of, let's see 'em.

Well I got another absolute for ya. If the Panthers had fired Shula in the pre season like many of our fans wanted, there is no way in hell Cam could have or would have had the season he has had this year. If you think he could have learned a new system and still called all of those audibles, and set all of those protections then you truly are a fool. Hell, up until about week 10, he was still making at least one or two WTF throws in every single game.

Shula deserves credit. Why is that so damn hard for some of you to admit? Why hate a man you don't even know and who obviously did a pretty darn good job?

14 hours ago, Bozarden said:

It is time to recognize the most important addition of the 2015 off-season and that was the one we didn't make by keeping Shula on board. Directing the number 1 scoring offense with Teddy Ginn and Corey 'Philly' Brown as your starting receivers is unheard of. 

It is time for all of panther nation to recognize what an amazing job he has done by building this offense around what Cam does best and it has paid off big time this season.

Shula, i salute you and please dont screw up in the playoffs, because in that case i'll go back to hating you...

Skærmbillede 2016-01-04 kl. 04.01.43.png

I like the guy and for selfish reasons do not waant him to become a head coach.

He's orchestrated the best offense in the league with:

1. A WR that couldn't crack the field in AZ and widely considered a bust the second he steps outside of North Carolina
  2. Jerricho Cotchery
  3. A raw as fug rookie
  4. Philly Brown

And I don't mean that as a slight towards anyone playing WR, who all have done what we've needed as the season has gone on and all deserve credit. The only "star" players on his side of the ball are Newton, Olsen and Kalil. Maybe Tolbert. Without our top WR, we just churned out a pro bowl/league MVP performance at QB and went over 100 yards rushing every game this year. Our TOP and turnover ratio was obscene. Cam, Olsen and improved line play has done a lot, but Shula has done a masterful job calling games. How many times did we go over 20 this year?

I'll eat crow, I wanted Hue Jackson over Shula and wasn't a fan. This year has been eye opening and he deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. He's been our best coordinator and it isn't close. Add to that the fact that he's declining interviews and hamstringing himself as far as HC promotions until our season is over so as not to distract and yeah.

Thanks Mike. You're a badass.

Archived