• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC Wild Card games thread

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, cbarrier90 said:

It was clear to me the Bengalsgot what they wanted, too. Turned it over when the game was all but finished, and gave them a chip shot with the personal fouls at the end. 

What a joke of a game. The AFC is pitiful.

I dont know, but it seems clear to my eyes that the hit the steelers dude made was more violent then the burfict hit and he didnt get flaged. But then u flag burfict hit just to put the steelers in field goal range. Im not blind. 

I'm all for hating the Steelers, guys, but that hit over the middle was a carbon copy of OBJ on Norman.

Shaziers hit was bad but it didn't cost the Bengals the game. All they had to do was run out the clock and not lose their minds, and they failed at both. This loss is all on them.

1 minute ago, MadHatter said:

You really don't know the rules, do you?

You cannot target a WR's head...even with your shoulder.  It was a flagrant penalty...it was not even close to a legal play.

The dude dropped his head you dumb fug.  Your allowed to tackle a guy.  The NFL just wanted to let the Steelers win.  Helmet to helmet = no call,  tackling with shoulder = penalty.  That not right. 

1 minute ago, Pox 08 said:

The Burfict play happened fast.  Looked to me like he was aiming his shoulder at Brown's chest,  from his angle wasn't sure if Brown had the ball or not.   Last second,  Brown bent over.and lowered his head.  Looked more like an accidental hit to Brown's helmet.    Which,   as I said,  should definitely be flagged all the same..I just don't think it was head hunting. 

I mean,  that announcer was trying to imply that Burfict's sack on Big Ben was dirty also and head hunting.   When it was a legal football sack. 

Gio gets knocked out by a Steeler launching himself in a helmet to helmet.............  all we heard was "Yeah,  yeah, that is just a good legal hit,    Gio made a football move". 

Brown was a defenseless receiver....Giovanni was a runner.  Big diff.

and they never said the sack was a bad hit...just trying to fill air time by asking the head official what he thought.

people's hatred of the Steelers are making some of these comments sound ridiculous.

I HATE the Steelers....but this loss is all on the Bengals.  Be even remotely smart and they win.

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I'm unconvinced that Lewis can keep that team disciplined.  Regardless of the circumstances, they should have won that game, and they didn't, with no small part due to lack of discipline.

The problem starts when you have knuckleheads like that on your roster in the first place.

Not sure Burfict was trying to hit Brown how he did, but he was going in hot.  However, Lewis didn't control the remaining chaos and get his guys under control to try to hold the Steelers to a 50+ yrd try and instead, one of his other hottheads apparently shoved someone.  

Very frustrating way to see a game end.  As someone that has no strong feeling for either team, I was beyond angry to see the refs play such a huge role in how his ended, even if the first flag was probably the right call.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The dude dropped his head you dumb fug.  Your allowed to tackle a guy.  The NFL just wanted to let the Steelers win.  Helmet to helmet = no call,  tackling with shoulder = penalty.  That not right. 

Helmet to helmet on a runner is NOT a penalty unless it is flagrant targeting.  At least know the rule you dumb fug.

Archived