• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calvin Johnson to retire

KillaCamNewton

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar uniform colors.

To be honest, plenty of people have been on the "let's go after Megatron" kick here, so it kinda works.

I'm going back to posting my recon missions to Orange Mane. Or watching my hair grow for charity. It's down to my chin so I have that going for me. Suck it Sunshine.

Dang. One of my favorite players in the league. Hate he really never got a chance at much meaningful football while in Detroit, but his body had started to fall apart on him, so I understand it. Get your money, win a championship, and try to leave the game relatively healthy. I'd say he accomplished about 1 and 1/2 of that 

3 minutes ago, King said:

Megatron's been rolling downhill for a while and living off his well-earned reputation. Think 2013 Steve Smith.

This isn't nearly as big a loss for the Lions as it seems.

What the fug are you talking about? I hate when people say this about some players without looking at the facts. He had over 1200 yards this season and over 1000 last. Hell he almost had 1500 in 2013. He was still one of the best in the league. Top 3 still IMO. Only WRs would take over him are Antonio Brown and Julio Jones

22 minutes ago, PandaPancake said:

Season is still going on. Why is this here? Are we playing than sometime in the next few minutes?

We dont play for another week, which is causing the boards to start discussing whether or not the NFL will rig the Super Bowl for Peyton to retire on top, and the thought of Megatron lined up across from KB was giving half the huddle a fat chubby. Im now telling them they can keep the idea in their pants for good now

18 minutes ago, tondi said:

If he retires, how long until he can come back as an unrestricted FA?  Or is that never an option?

Lions would have to release him. It's entirely possible they release him before he "retires" because I believe they'd be on the hook for more money (dead hit on the cap) if he retires than if they release him. Not entirely sure though.

55 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i call bullshit

Indeed.

If CJ retires, he OWES the Lions $3.5 million in previously paid, pro-rated signing bonus.

Yeah, if he wants to be done with the Lions organization, all he has to do is do absolutely nothing.  At his salary and cap hit, they're going to cut him anyway.

Archived