• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eugene Robinson tells team to not make his mistake

Moorgan

I met Eugene Robinson about 8 years ago in Ballantyne.  One of the nicest, most gracious men you will ever meet.

Took a lot of courage for him to talk to the team about that incident.  Frankly, I think it's typical Joe Person BS that he found out and wrote an article about it.  Should have stayed inside the walls of the locker room.  And he wonders why guys like Thomas Davis put him on blast on Twitter a few years back- it's crap like this and the Brandon LaFell baby mama story.

Everybody messes up in life.  I wouldn't want to have my personal skeletons resurrected after 16 years.

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Embarrassing moment for him. But being able to talk about it tells a lot about him as a man. That would be extremely difficult for anybody to open up about. I hate that it got out into the public. 

It was out in the public when it happened. That isn't something that you keep covered up. 

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I met Eugene Robinson about 8 years ago in Ballantyne.  One of the nicest, most gracious men you will ever meet.

Took a lot of courage for him to talk to the team about that incident.  Frankly, I think it's typical Joe Person BS that he found out and wrote an article about it.  Should have stayed inside the walls of the locker room.  And he wonders why guys like Thomas Davis put him on blast on Twitter a few years back- it's crap like this and the Brandon LaFell baby mama story.

Everybody messes up in life.  I wouldn't want to have my personal skeletons resurrected after 16 years.

He is very nice. Saw him in the French Quarter a few years ago and he recognized me from Panthers Talk. So I had a drink with him and Mick and a few guys. Then I was going to leave to go back to my hotel. The dude would NOT allow me to walk alone and left his night out for a bit to make sure I got back safely. 

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

From a reporters standpoint I am sure there is an alternate argument but I agree that you look past this if you are the local news guy with the team.   I think it sucks he couldn't think of any other topics to report on. 

Archived