• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a Twitter alert this morning about Eric Weddle

Ruff

31 minutes ago, csx said:

Boston has not started at SS unless Harper has had starts at FS because Harper has started every game the past two seasons.

I would think the opposite. I would assume Weddle would play strong and Coleman free but who the hell knows.

I've seen Boston come in at both safety positions. 

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

I think it's important to note that we are trying to get more youthful in the secondary not exchange a 33 year old for a 31 year old

I may be out of the norm but i have said for years the secondary is where you almost would rather have vets more than young guys. A balance ia best of course but i think knowing the nuances as a db is a heck of an art form. You either have that knack or you don't. 

Having said that, 33 is as about as old as you want to be. 

Eric Weddle is not a good play to build the team long term.

If Boston is not starting at safety in 2016, and Gettleman targets another safety to move ahead of him in free agency and the draft, then that is Gettleman announcing he screwed up another draft pick just like Kugbila, AJ Klein, Tyler Gaffney, Kenjon Barner and now Tre Boston. 5 of 11 picks over 2 years flaming out within 2 to 3 years. 

I would not be surprised if David Mayo and Cameron Artis Payne are on this list in a year.

When used up and crusty vets like Fozzy Whitaker, Mike Remmers, Roman Harper, Kurt Coleman, Thomas DeCoud, and Chris Scott are better options the front office has a problem. Then you go out and draft a player to replace a player you drafted the previous season? That speaks volumes.

The Panthers just keep throwing away draft picks. Let's hope the young players drafted/traded for from 2011/2012 and the old vets back from 2005 and on can keep playing to carry the udfas and burned out vets they fill the roster with each year.

The Panthers depth is weak. The playoffs and Atlanta game clearly showed that to us all.

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If Boston is not starting at safety in 2016, and Gettleman targets another safety to move ahead of him in free agency and the draft, then that is Gettleman announcing he screwed up another draft pick just like Kugbila, AJ Klein, Tyler Gaffney, Kenjon Barner and now Tre Boston. 5 of 11 picks over 2 years flaming out within 2 to 3 years. 

I would not be surprised if David Mayo and Cameron Artis Payne are on this list in a year.

When used up and crusty vets like Fozzy Whitaker, Mike Remmers, Roman Harper, Kurt Coleman, Thomas DeCoud, and Chris Scott are better options the front office has a problem. Then you go out and draft a player to replace a player you drafted the previous season? That speaks volumes.

The Panthers just keep throwing away draft picks. Let's hope the young players drafted/traded for from 2011/2012 and the old vets back from 2005 and on can keep playing to carry the udfas and burned out vets they fill the roster with each year.

The Panthers depth is weak. The playoffs and Atlanta game clearly showed that to us all.

You know almost nothing about football.

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

You're a very strange poster. Some things are incredibly insightful and then you post this type of nonsense.

10 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I don't even know where to begin with this post. In what world was AJ Klein a miss? He's a great back up and could start on other teams. He filled in admirably while Kuechly had a concussion.

Kurt Coleman led the league in picks. To call him a "crusty" washed up veteran, whatever that means, is foolish. He was great this year. Fozzy and Remmers are both young and good depth pieces to a team. As much as people disliked him, Roman Harper helped stabilize the secondary. Ask Josh Norman and Bene how important he was to the development of their careers.

The problem is with you not Gettleman. You have this outrageous expectation that every single player drafted needs to be an immediate starter. It is funny how you failed to mention that the team also found undrafted gems in Norwell and Philly. 

You also say our depth was exposed in the Atlanta game and in the playoffs, which is laughable at best. So the team loses 1 game out of 16 by one touchdown and that is exposing our depth? Our depth was exposed in the playoffs when they got off to a 31-0 lead against Seattle and dismantled Arizona? It was exposed in the Super Bowl when they were down by 6 with 3 minutes to go and had the ball? What an absurd and ridiculous post about nonsense.

18 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

This thread is full of horrible posts and this is one of the worst of the lot.

I love how its capped off by saying 'the 2 games out of 19 that we lost this year prove me right that we suck'

21 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

After reading this again, this is the worst football related post I have ever read on the Huddle. 

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Look at any teams 5th, 6th, 7th round picks. They usually get cut or end up only as depth or special teams, that's just the way the NFL works. AJ Klein has been solid depth at LB, good enough production for a 5th round pick considering how stacked our LB's are. 

Fozzy is 27. Remmers is 26. Coleman is 27. Decoud was cut last year. Scott is 28 and solid depth.

Gettleman has gotten us 2 Pro Bowl caliber guards in Turner and Norwell, two Pro Bowl caliber DT's, solid depth in the secondary with Bene and Tre, and promising young players in Funchess, Shaq, Williams, and CAP. 

Archived