• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign DT Soliai; 2 yrs, $7M

jdpanther5

1 minute ago, Kuech the Sneak said:

DL depth at both positions really needed to be addressed in free agency, I'm sure everyone would feel more comfortable if we got another DE before the draft as well

Jason Jones could be someone to watch.  He's been a guy who's good and produces but just not someone identifiable as a long term starter.  Johnson, Ealy, & Addison are the only for sures in our rotation and Addison is situational/passing downs.  Cox/Miley/Delaire/Horton are competing and it'd be very nice to get someone to push that group even more. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Interesting. BIG DT wasn't fit w/Quinn's system in ATL. RT @Rand_Getlin: I'm told defensive tackle Paul Soliai is visiting the #Panthers.

how much will he want?

Good question.  He will get about $4m from the birds over the next 2 years, I am guessing he will be offered a 2-year, $5m deal. It will be interesting to see.  This is Star depth (so if we sign him, Love looks to be gone).  In addition, it may be a hint that we draft a 3 tech DT.

Archived