• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Love signed to 1 year deal

3 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Will compete with Soliai for the backup 1-Tech spot behind Star. Maybe they'll keep both, but I doubt it. 

Still need another 3-Tech since as of now Short has no backup. That's basically our only vacancy left. 

He can play 3 tech.

Glad he's back.  DT depth looks good.  Still wouldn't mind adding a younger guy to develop.

Bringing in Soliai and Boykin and bringing back Love really puta us in a good spot for the draft.  No massively glaring holes on the roster.  We could go a variety of different ways at #30 without pissing off the majority of the fanbase.

52 minutes ago, csx said:

There were times when it was an issue but overall the team was 5 in the league in hurries and 6th in sacks. That in no way equates to "just wasn't there".

This^

I think we can realistically project an improved pass rush through player development (Ealy, Delaire?), we've improved the DT depth and we've improved at CB, possibly SS. Do I want a young DE? Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gettleman takes a DT 

People need to realize a "fix" isn't just sitting at home hoping to make $3M per year. 

19 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Not counting 16 PS/Futures contract players who are unsure to make the roster, we have 56 players signed.  27 of them (48%) have contracts ending after this season, fairly evenly distributed among the types of players.

• 10 of 22 starters (Brown, Coleman, Ginn, CJ, Kalil, Norman, Norwell, Oher, Remmers, Short)
  • 10 of 20 role players (Addison, Boykin, Horton, Jacobs, Jones, Klein, Love, Waters, Whittaker, Teddy Williams)
  • 7 of 14 backups (Bersin, Hill, McClain, Robinson, Scott, Simonson, Young)

Role players and backups really equal replaceable.  With Gettlemans skill in finding talents in those areas I'm not worried at all.

Of the starters I think the only no brainer on that list that is a core guy is Short.  Kalil I'd love an extension on but he's one of those guys that due to age and history may be able to get more money somewhere else but like CJ I could see Kalil doing a small extension or resign. 

Norwell deserves a raise and I hope he stays but he's not a core guy.  Same with Brown and Ginn.  I can see us signing Brown and Ginn to modest extensions because Brown is a quality 3rd guy who won't command a lot of money and Ginn has been there and done that.  He'll probably be a Panther for as long as Gettleman wants him. 

Norman I don't see getting the big contract (but that's another thread) but I would not be shocked to see him tagged a 2nd time next year.  Coleman isn't core and Gettlemen seems to have the golden touch when it comes to finding cheap safetys that excel in our system.

A more complicated puzzle building the team after next year just gives Gettleman more opportunity to weave his magic. 

38 minutes ago, Fan01 said:

Role players and backups really equal replaceable.  With Gettlemans skill in finding talents in those areas I'm not worried at all.

Mostly agree.  Not worried.  It's just going to be a very different offseason 12 months from now.  This year we're bringing back close to 90% of our SB roster.  Next year there's going to be MUCH more turn over.   Not a crisis or a bad thing... just different. 

As things stand now, the 2016 Panthers will get an unusual chance to try to vindicate themselves with a near duplicate of the roster that went to the SB, with a very few strategic upgrades.   Not many teams get that chance.  Given the EXTRAORDINARY chemistry, love, brotherhood, on the 2015 team, 2016 could be something truly special.  I'm excited to see what these guys bring on the quest to win it all.

To be honest, I see Safety as the biggest question mark going into the draft. Getty has pretty much sewn every other position up. I think that Safety and Tight End are a little shallow on depth, with the next being OT and WR. I am not as concerned with DE, as Getty and Rivera have been high on our projects. Delaire and Cox (in the preseason) have shown flashes, and Miley has consistently dropped from Getty's mouth when the subject of DEs come up.

If you really look at the positions that we've been working out, as well as the veterans that we've signed, it basically tells a story. The BPA is in a really good position.

23 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Given the EXTRAORDINARY chemistry, love, brotherhood, on the 2015 team, 2016 could be something truly special.

About 30 minutes ago I posted this... then happened to browse Panthers' social media and see this.

Even guys who won't / likely won't be on the team this year (Allen, Tillman, Harper) are hangin' with those who will (Coleman & Kalil). Coleman's words say it perfectly.  2015 forged amazing friendships... in 2016 the journey continues, with  most of the gang intact.  Sweet.

Dang.  I'm honestly gonna miss Tillman, Harper & Allen even though I totally agree with getting younger as a team.  Tillman, PLEASE come & be a Panthers' coach!!

1 hour ago, Fan01 said:

Of the starters I think the only no brainer on that list that is a core guy is Short.  Kalil I'd love an extension on but he's one of those guys that due to age and history may be able to get more money somewhere else but like CJ I could see Kalil doing a small extension or resign. 

Norwell deserves a raise and I hope he stays but he's not a core guy.  Same with Brown and Ginn.  I can see us signing Brown and Ginn to modest extensions because Brown is a quality 3rd guy who won't command a lot of money and Ginn has been there and done that.  He'll probably be a Panther for as long as Gettleman wants him. 

Norman I don't see getting the big contract (but that's another thread) but I would not be shocked to see him tagged a 2nd time next year.  Coleman isn't core and Gettlemen seems to have the golden touch when it comes to finding cheap safetys that excel in our system.

A more complicated puzzle building the team after next year just gives Gettleman more opportunity to weave his magic. 

Unless we draft a replacement center this year, I see Kalil ending his career as a Panther. He's a Thomas Davis type of player that the organization loves and respects.

12 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

About 30 minutes ago I posted this... then happened to browse Panthers' social media and see this.

Even guys who won't / likely won't be on the team this year (Allen, Tillman, Harper) are hangin' with those who will (Coleman & Kalil). Coleman's words say it perfectly.  2015 forged amazing friendships... in 2016 the journey continues, with  most of the gang intact.  Sweet.

Dang.  I'm honestly gonna miss Tillman, Harper & Allen even though I totally agree with getting younger as a team.  Tillman, PLEASE come & be a Panthers' coach!!

That's great. But where are they? Some underground tomb or something

4 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

Yep, bring back hardy and when he is not on the football feild keep him in a straight jacket.

He could come down the tunnel with cops surrounding him goldberg style.

brings whole new meaning to "release the Kraken".

Archived