• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Boykin playing outside?

Saca312

I personally believe this guy has potential. He was a fantastic nickel back in 2013 on the Eagles, and he's said multiple times he's wanted to move positions and play outside. He seems to do well covering receivers, breaking passes and tackling. Looking at a void at that position, I wouldn't think moving him to the outside would do much harm. This looks like his chance to play a position he wants to play. Any thoughts? 

Please NO!! Let the man succeed in what he is.. Stop trying to make him into something he is not.. He's excellent as a nickle CB and struggles on the outside.. Just bring in a stop gap vet draft a rookie and strengthen the pass rush...

58 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Right now we don't really have much choice but historically he has struggled on the outside 

That's not true. He's barely played outside and when he has he's been fine. Just fits better in the slot.

3 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

fug it let Shaq be our nickel 

I kinda figure we'll be seeing more of our base 4-3 as Shaq gets more comfortable. Made me think the 1-year Boykin deal was as much about us getting a stop-gap - should Shaq struggle - as much as it was Boykin taking a "prove-it" deal before cashing in. 

Question-- can we even sign a FA at this point without giving up our 3rd round comp pick we get for JNo?  That would "even" us out in 3 gained, 3 lost in UFA. 

Seems like Amini or whomever needs to sign elsewhere.  I don't know how all this comp pick stuff works.

As the roster currently stands, I'd have to assume that Bene and Boykin would be on the outside and McClain would split nickel duties with Shaq and Jones, but getting the majority of the snaps there. 

Of of course there's still free agents out there, the draft, and camp for someone to step up for that spot. But as currently constructed, I'd say Boykin is our #2. 

Archived