• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucky Brooks: NFC South Draft Grades

So, this was done yesterday and I haven't seen it posted yet, apologies if it has been. I'm definitely not one to put much stock into draft grades but this was actually a pretty positive review by someone who seems to really believe in what we are trying to do in Carolina.  Bucky ranked the South's drafts in order of 1-4 here's an excerpt, click the link for the rankings you actually may be surprised.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660300/article/nfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-buccaneers-shore-up-d

"General manager Dave Gettleman believes in developing through the draft, and he has stuck to his guns when the team has lost key players. It shouldn't surprise observers that the Panthers used three draft picks on cover corners to fill the void created by Josh Norman's departure. The team snagged James Bradberry, Daryl Worley and Zack Sanchez to vie for playing time in base and sub-packages. Each member of the trio possesses the size, athleticism and ball skills to thrive in the Panthers' zone-based system. Most importantly, they are high-football-IQ guys with the necessary instincts to play in a scheme that emphasizes pattern-reading and quarterback-clueing. Carolina also fortified the defensive-line depth behind Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short with the selection of Vernon Butler in Round 1. The Louisiana Tech standout serves as insurance for a potential free-agent defection down the road. Keep an eye on Beau Sandland as a complement to veteran tight end Greg Olsen in the team's "12" personnel packages."

We had a decent draft. Also the fact that we get KB back after missing an entire season, it's like having an extra first rounder coming in. We might not go 15-1 next season, but I expect the team to be better overall...

Let's not all jump on bucky's dick all of a sudden. The guy was one of the last people to give cam and the panthers any credit last year. Up to about week 13 he was still playing the 'they haven't played anyone' card and he slated Cam hardcore after the SB.

All in all, he's definitely the the less talented of the Daniel Jeremiah/Bucky Brooks ex-scout partnership and if Bucky is saying good things about your team, you should probably be worried instead of happy.

6 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

we must be pretty desperate for the positive spin articles. we would be calling conor orr a genius that really "gets us" if he said something good right about now.

LOL.  Perhaps..., but personally, NO.  After last season I will always laugh at Conor Orr.  Sorry.

A lot of negative comments...all I'm saying is that a lot of people have poo all over our draft this year. I haven't seen a person give us over a C. Personally I think we had an excellent draft because I do believe Gman took the best plays available that will help our team both short and long term. I know Bucky has had his opinions in the past but I think he was right with these draft rankings.

You're always going to have the guys who, regardless of Getty's record will doubt what he does... and that's because these morons dont understand how to build a team for sustained success. When Getty drafts and signs UDFA'S he's planning for the future, not just the upcoming season. 

Archived