• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would KK Short fetch in a trade?

Cam's New Arm

21 minutes ago, SOJA said:

this isn't the nba no one trades for high impact players outside QB

Off the top of my head Chandler Jones, Haloti Ngata, Brandon Marshall, Jimmy Graham, and LeSean McCoy were all traded in the last year or so. It does happen. 

6 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

He'll get more than Luke, but I doubt he gets more than Cam if he's given an extension from the panthers.

I think that's what will happen, but he shouldn't get more than Luke. I hope he will be the third highest paid on the team, like it should be.  Are they still in talks or are they stalled?

2 hours ago, Casto said:

Idk man. I think we're good at DT. Sure, we're much better with him.. but I think depending on how our draft pick plays, we see hem dealt before the deadline.

DT is DG's bread and butter draft position.. i think he's replaceable 

I also don't want to start the developing pro bowl talent for other teams because Gettleman has this price point system.. You have to pay your own talent you developed if they "develop".. I understood the Norman thing was a special case because of his age, position, and asking price.. But KK is young at a valued position and headed for stardom.. Pay the Man..

The real question is, who else do you spend the money on?  We let Norman walk for a reason.  Star won't command that kind of money.  Sure, Turner and Norwell need to be locked up, but guards are somewhat affordable compared to other positions.  Stewart's huge cap hit will come off the books soon, and most of our other core is locked up.  

If you are going to spend on a player, you do so on franchise QBs, MLBs, and pass rushing DTs.  A DT who can get double digit sacks is rare.  Pay the man.  He is worth it.

1 hour ago, csx said:

Off the top of my head Chandler Jones, Haloti Ngata, Brandon Marshall, Jimmy Graham, and LeSean McCoy were all traded in the last year or so. It does happen. 

off the top of my head- haloti ngata is washed up and got a six 

brandon marshall has been traded three times now 

I'll give you the other three- but THREE players in the whole league

39 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

A 1st and a 1st string CB?

In all seriousness, Rex knows he must make the playoffs or he's done, the Rock Hill product Gilmore has backed them into a corner, and they've foolishly traded a 1st away before.  Fwiw

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

The real question is, who else do you spend the money on?  We let Norman walk for a reason.  Star won't command that kind of money.  Sure, Turner and Norwell need to be locked up, but guards are somewhat affordable compared to other positions.  Stewart's huge cap hit will come off the books soon, and most of our other core is locked up.  

If you are going to spend on a player, you do so on franchise QBs, MLBs, and pass rushing DTs.  A DT who can get double digit sacks is rare.  Pay the man.  He is worth it.

Agree. It seems quite silly to let Josh Norman go but not pay Short. 

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

off the top of my head- haloti ngata is washed up and got a six 

brandon marshall has been traded three times now 

I'll give you the other three- but THREE players in the whole league

Dumb argument. You said players don't get traded in the NFL. Then you admitted they do. Big name players. Even if it's rare (not that rare) it still happens. That being said I hope we can sign KK to a long term deal but if he wants more than we can do we have to explore all options. One player doesn't make a team as Gettleman has said repeatedly. We have a beast defensive line with or without KK.

Archived