• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Traded to the Igles

Ricky Spanish

For those who clamored to draft this guy last year, the Titans have already given up on him and traded for what is the Eagles equivalent to Byron Bell. 

DGB had apparently fallen down the depth chart and was being supplanted by a 5th round rookie. 

Also, I'm not sure if we're still in offseason mode or not, but mods please feel free to move it to NFL discussion if it's that time of year again.

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

wow really

that guy was gonna be the next randy moss according to several people on this site

It's pretty surprising tho because last thing I remember is him being pretty promising last year and him getting back into football shape so he must not be getting what those coaches are dishing out. 

On a side note Derrick Henry looks like a stud for them. He's probably gonna destroy our second and third string Saturday. 

Most Titan fans are upset which they should be. We all know the leaps Funchess has made but DGB did have a comparable season stats wise. 

The titan front office had some concerns and him coming into camp out of shape solidified those concerns, along with him being out of position numerous times last season. 

IMO the titans moved on to quickly but only time will tell. But the Eagles did get him for a career backup with 15 starts in 4 years 

5 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Most Titan fans are upset which they should be. We all know the leaps Funchess has made but DGB did have a comparable season stats wise. 

The titan front office had some concerns and him coming into camp out of shape solidified those concerns, along with him being out of position numerous times last season. 

IMO the titans moved on to quickly but only time will tell. But the Eagles did get him for a career backup with 15 starts in 4 years 

I would bet DGB played many more snaps than Funch, and probably a fair amount of production in garbage time.

Apparently he has been giving no effort in camp and the coaches didn't want him there.  

Rishard Matthews, Andre Johnson, Tajae Sharpe, Kendall Wright, and Justin Hunter were all ahead of him on the depth chart.  Not to mention Tre McBride sounds like he's won people over as well.  

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably off the field reasons. He showed promise on the field, but he was drafted with plenty of off field concerns and I'm sure the front office probably had him on a pretty short leash. 

Read the Titans board. He came into camp overweight, and has problems running their route tree. Lots of pissed off fans because the guy is so physically talented and think they cut bait wayyy too early for a shitty OL player.

also think they got a new GM over there who apparently is cut throat and are trying to build their lockerroom up. Honestly they are trying to mirror us. 

12 minutes ago, pstall said:

Did the Titans really need him? I doubt it.

Check out their receiver depth chart. It's nothing to write home about.

Back when people were saying our receiving corps was one of the worst in the league, the Titans were often neck and neck.

17 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

That's the problem. According training camp reports he didn't make the leap that funchess made. Sharpe out played him. This kind of remind me or the Trent Richardson trade.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Check out their receiver depth chart. It's nothing to write home about.

Back when people were saying our receiving corps was one of the worst in the league, the Titans were often neck and neck.

I liked Kendall Wright, but it looks like he's fallen out of flavor too.  

Archived