• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Vikings - Panthers Gameday Thread. FOOTBALL ONLY!

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I am in a standard league and facing the same question. I do have CAP up for trade to J-Stew's owner though (my sis) for Bilal Powell, as I have Forte. So that may tell you something...If she accepts the trade, I will be playing Washington.

It's a hard choice and somewhat of a crap shoot. I have CAP starting right now, but may bench him for Washington at the last moment. Unlike some here, I do believe Washington will end up as the every down back, and Riddick the third down guy.  Riddick has not received but so many carries as a pro or a collegian as a starter because he's viewed more as a smaller third down guy.  Washington can do it all, and he will likely get at least one TD if nothing else. Of course CAP is coming in hungry and motivated, but faces a stout defense.  

Decisions decisions!

yeah i'm trying very hard to keep my homer glasses off while making my decision. i love CAP and want to think he'll have a big game but aside from the tough defense today, fozzy will definitely get some play. right now i think the packers injuries are pushing me toward washington. that plus the fact washington scored a TD week one shows me some decent production coming in, while CAP hasn't even been active to see in a regular season game.

Not sure if the OTs will be able to handle Everson Griffen.

The Vikings do not blitz a lot, but with the Panthers struggles against the green dog, I would not be shocked to see Barr and Kendricks coming for Cam.

The Panthers need to work their short passing game more with Stewart out. The run option game with CAP, Fozzy, and Tolbert is a big risk.

This game is on Olsen, KB, Funchess, and Ginn with the short passing game to free up Cam from pressure and open up some running lanes for him.

37-33 Panthers

Bradford and Diggs have a big day against the Panthers secondary.

3 minutes ago, Ship said:

yeah i'm trying very hard to keep my homer glasses off while making my decision. i love CAP and want to think he'll have a big game but aside from the tough defense today, fozzy will definitely get some play. right now i think the packers injuries are pushing me toward washington. that plus the fact washington scored a TD week one shows me some decent production coming in, while CAP hasn't even been active to see in a regular season game.

I will probably do the same thing. I didn't even know about the injuries, but I have been watching Washington a few weeks now. I dropped him the week before, but was lucky enough to pick him back up last week about 5 hours before the Abdullah news broke, so he has been on my radar. Why? because not only did he make an impression during the preseason (and the talent speaks volumes, running and catching), but the coach basically said that Abdullah is not an every-down back, and Riddick's history has shown us that he isn't either. So in my mind it was just a matter of time before Washington emerged anyway.

Honestly, If CAP wasn't a Panther, I probably wouldn't be overthinking it. Fozzy just had a career day, and Minny's D is very stout up front. Plus, I am skeptical of our run blocking. 

Archived