• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistically what can the team do right now?

pstall

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Honestly nothing. Too many holes to fill through trade without crippling the future of the franchise. Just gonna have to tough it out and hope we can fix many of the issues in the offseason.

Worrying about the future is what got us into this mess in the first place. 

Cripple the future if it means trading for Joe Thomas. Fatboy Dave would most likely draft another bust or bench warmer either way.

51 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

They need to lean heavy on all out blitzing with man to man coverage.

Bradberry and Worley are struggling in zone coverage.

They need to attack on offense with the goal of putting up 30 points in the first half. Take all the acceptable risks early in games and keep their opponent trying to play catch up.

All defensive schemes must be predicated on getting to the QB in less than 3 seconds and playing the run to the QB.

Trade for a vet DE and CB if you feel like the team is still in SB contention.

The answers were available in the off season to make this team even stronger, but the front office dropped the ball.

Bring Tillman and Allen out of retirement.

I think blitzing is fine but it hasn't worked yet. They get the ball out too soon. We need to jam every play and then blitz a lot. Too much cushion on a blitz is death of you don't have quality dbs. I think Bradberry is solid and will be great, but we have to play aggressive.

Honestly, I think the answer is to somehow convince Cam he isnt Superman. He cannot carry this team by himself and the more and more he tries, the worse it's going to get. Get the coaches to work with him on his shortcomings like throwing high, and thinking he can just absorb every hit. This isn't a slam on Cam, it's just reality. Sometimes the harest thing to do is admit when you can't do something no matter how much your heart tells you that you can.

Secondly, drag Shula out of the OC spot and hand him his walking papers. If this team is going to turn anything around Shula has to go. He can't play to Cams strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He can't make adjustments. He lacks the ability to find opposing defenses weaknesses and beat them into the ground. If it was any other qb that was being asked to do all Cam is by Shula, they would have failed a long time ago. 

And Rivera, well he needs to pull out his balls because right now I'd say Bruce Jenner has a bigger set. 

This team has talent, it's just being wasted by the coaches. You fix the offense and you will fix the defense. Our D can't go onto the field knowing they need to score because our offense can't. They're in a losing situation and they know it. It doesn't matter how hard you fight to keep your head above water, unless help comes, you're still going to drown.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Honestly, I think the answer is to somehow convince Cam he isnt Superman. He cannot carry this team by himself and the more and more he tries, the worse it's going to get. Get the coaches to work with him on his shortcomings like throwing high, and thinking he can just absorb every hit. This isn't a slam on Cam, it's just reality. Sometimes the harest thing to do is admit when you can't do something no matter how much your heart tells you that you can.

Secondly, drag Shula out of the OC spot and hand him his walking papers. If this team is going to turn anything around Shula has to go. He can't play to Cams strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He can't make adjustments. He lacks the ability to find opposing defenses weaknesses and beat them into the ground. If it was any other qb that was being asked to do all Cam is by Shula, they would have failed a long time ago. 

And Rivera, well he needs to pull out his balls because right now I'd say Bruce Jenner has a bigger set. 

This team has talent, it's just being wasted by the coaches. You fix the offense and you will fix the defense. Our D can't go onto the field knowing they need to score because our offense can't. They're in a losing situation and they know it. It doesn't matter how hard you fight to keep your head above water, unless help comes, you're still going to drown.

I just wish we had a short passing game.. but shula being who he is(daddy's boy) it ain't happening while he is still here.. it would solve so many problems if shula knew what a slant pass was.

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't really think your offense has that many issues, they are banged up. That will get better. The biggest thing I see is lack of pass rush mixed with poor corner back play. Your run defense was actually very good today and offensively you were fine especially since you were down your RB and a starting tackle. The pass defense looks concerning though 

Well that's the point isn't it...can't do anything now.

Gman could have:

1) Kept Norman
2) Signed Prince Amukamara
3) Signed Okung
4) Signed Schwartz
5) Signed Matt Forte
6) Signed Eric Weddle

All of those are reasonable and were talked about and we'd only need like 3 of those to be in a MUCH better situation than we are now. Literally none of those contracts these guys got were unreasonable and we clearly have the money for it especially if we still got rid of Norman.

That isn't 20/20 bullshit that is actual stuff we talked about except maybe Swartz but you'd expect a fugin GM to know the other pros who are legit and cost worthy...was a brilliant move to bring in JA last year for peanuts he just had nothing left in the tank but that dood played his ass off anyway.

Archived