• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After the Atlanta debacle, and now with cutting Bene, I have finally joined this club...

Wundrbread33

1 hour ago, Kevin Greene said:

Let's see, Norman wouldn't sign the fair Franchise Tag contract Gettleman put in front of him. Harper is currently sucking in the Taints atrocious defense. Tillman blew out his knee and is playing nowhere because he announced his retirement back in July 2016. Jared Allen is playing nowhere because he retired as a Viking April 2016. Bene has played in 27 games in his career and was hardly team leadership. Dwan Edwards essentially announced his retirement June 2016.

But please, keep blaming Gettleman!

It's his ship,and yes he did this...

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Let's see, Norman wouldn't sign the fair Franchise Tag contract Gettleman put in front of him. Harper is currently sucking in the Taints atrocious defense. Tillman blew out his knee and is playing nowhere because he announced his retirement back in July 2016. Jared Allen is playing nowhere because he retired as a Viking April 2016. Bene has played in 27 games in his career and was hardly team leadership. Dwan Edwards essentially announced his retirement June 2016.

But please, keep blaming Gettleman!

Death, taxes, and CPantherKing hating gettleman. Just have to accept it at this point. It's personal with him 

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Comes a time when you have to let young guys play and not rely on signing veterans all the time or handing out ridiculous contracts. The only way young guys grow and get better is by struggling and having growing pains. It's not always easy as a fan but worth it once they start learning and reaching their potential. Not everything has to be sunshine and unicorns all the time. We can't expect to have success all the time. True fans understand wait out the hard times because better times are always ahead. I'm not going to cry like so many on this board seem to be doing. It's a fuging game. 

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

First. I somehow double quoted you, and I can't get it to go away. Sorry for the unorthodox visual.

Second. Let me say, well said. Most coaches hate playing kids for one reason only. Kids make mistakes. Mistakes can cost you games. Lose too many games, and you are no longer a coach. But, if you do have to play kids, it is good to have the GM on your side.

I do believe that Gman AND Ron are two peas in a pod. They have the same vision for this team. Just because things right now are a ... tad shaky. Does not mean they are at each others throat. That this team is falling apart. Or that the locker room is gone.

We are a pretty good team that has had some bad luck. It happens. But just because we are having a little adversity, does not mean the sky is falling.

Lastly. I know, finally right? It all comes down this. Do you have faith in this team? That with Cam as our QB, we can compete with anyone? That just because we have hit a bump in the road, that does not mean this hiccup is a trend. The future is still bright.

Or does the whole coaching staff need to go. Gman as well. That outside of Turner, and maybe Norwell, cuz Kalil is getting old, our whole Oline needs to go. That outside of Coleman, and maybe that there Bradberry kid, our whole DB corp. sux. Stewy should have been gone except for that money thing. And our whole Dline needs a swift kick in the azz.

One or the other. No inbwtweensies. Pick one, and ONLY one.

tl/dr version; Dude, having faith in your team does not cause cancer. You will not contract any diseases, nor will your wife leave you. For you kids, a wife is a women whose sole purpose is to  sux out your soul. You'll learn to love it, so no worries.

The bandwagon is emptying out quite quickly.

CYA later bitches.

What I saw for the Rivera press conference was they weren't going to put down a man when he is already down.  I think the leg injury was a factor and Carolina made a business decision.

We won a lot of games last year we could have lost.  This year we have lost at least one if not two we could have won but didn't.  Ebb and Flow of the NFL.

We're a good team that needs to clear up the mistakes and get better.  I would rather go 1-3 in the beginning of the year than the end of it.  The Panthers, during Rivera's term, are much better in December than September.  This means the team grows and gets better.  This division is NOT out of our reach at all. 

We don't look good now but we'll be there in the end.

For every Gettleman nut job that said Norman was going to sit out PLEASE tell me the lotto numbers cause apparently you can predict the future without it playing out.

When was the last time a 5th round pick who was still on his rookie contract sat out a franchise tender? I'll wait till you nimrods tell me the answers.

Only Gettleman and his gagantic ego is dumb enough to cut a lockdown corner in April who you just tagged a couple months earlier.

The hoops some of you are jumping through to defend Gettleman are funny and sad at the same time. 

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ok Professor, I'll play.

Norman refused to sign, and was known to be willing to sit out.

Harper was a good leader, bad player. Oh dear, how can we live without that.

Tilman retired. But hey, use him to make a point anyway.

Bene', 5th round pick that was having trouble rebounding from an injury. Oh no, we are doomed.

Dwan. Good depth, but certainly not worth fretting over.

Allen, um, he retired. Not going to help us out much out there fishing.

So, out of all that leadership you so proudly threw in our faces. Dwan MAY be the only one we could use. Not a very convincing argument their Prof.

I love how you make stuff up, just so you can throw shyte at it. "CJ seems to have stepped down from a leadership role". (Like you have one iota of information to make this claim.) And "I hope the kids can become instant leaders." "I just don't see it." Contradict yourself to make yourself sound smarter. I know it isn't Ethics you specialize in.

Dude. I love it.

Norman would have signed a contract for 8m or less with the Panthers in 2016. Much better than a franchise tag.

Yes, Harper is a good leader and he can get the young players in to position as well as facilitate the communication. We all know he was bad against coverage, but he played SS and made an impact in the box and against short routes. Colin Jones and Kurt Coleman are both worse at the SS position. Coleman can not even get off a block or take the correct pursuit angle when he is in the box. Coleman should stay a FS in zone scheme and play center field.

Tillman was ready to sign for another season as long as it was with the Panthers. He was denied by the front office.

Bene made an impact as a nickel. Placing him outside this season was dumb, and he clearly has the most knowledge of this defensive system. He was not allowed to hold the rookies accountable for their problems on the field that led to most of the break downs in the secondary.

Dwan would be cheaper and more effective than Soliai. Not to mention Dwan got the job done and was respected in the locker room. Dwan would have gladly returned for another season.

Jared Allen also said he would only play for the Panthers in 2016 if they wanted him. The front office told him no, and then he retired. Allen is clearly needed in the DE rotation. The Panthers had to get Lavar Edwards and both Addison and Delaire could not contain the run or read an offense. Allen is clearly the better option.

Harper > Coleman/Jones/Boston at SS, Norman > any Panthers CB, Tillman > Bradberry/Worley/Sanchez/McClain/Williams, Bene > Sanchez at nickel, Dwan > Soliai,  Allen > Edwards/Addison/Delaire. You can not argue with any of these, and the leadership on the defense would be immensely better.

4 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Comes a time when you have to let young guys play and not rely on signing veterans all the time or handing out ridiculous contracts. The only way young guys grow and get better is by struggling and having growing pains. It's not always easy as a fan but worth it once they start learning and reaching their potential. Not everything has to be sunshine and unicorns all the time. We can't expect to have success all the time. True fans understand wait out the hard times because better times are always ahead. I'm not going to cry like so many on this board seem to be doing. It's a fuging game. 

This directed at anyone in particular or more of a general post? 

And any intelligent football fan knows that young guys need to play to get better. 

...but to completely turn over a position to rookies with no veteran help?

Awfully risky...particularly on a team with key cogs in their prime that just came off a Super Bowl run.

But it's just a fuging game, so why waste time discussing such things.

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

For every Gettleman nut job that said Norman was going to sit out PLEASE tell me the lotto numbers cause apparently you can predict the future without it playing out.

Igo talked directly to him and got that he was ready to hold out.

You want to tell Igo you know more than he does, be my guest.

Glad Igo is the end all, be all of things.  Nobody knows if Norman would've sat out or not.  Just a rumor started by a guy that typed this yesterday: 

"Apparently Bene had not been practicing with the first team, that was kept quiet. This leads to me believe the following:

Coaches may have thought "Lets  let Tampa Bay lick their chops at the Panthers-Falcons film all week in regards to Bene and let them game plan and practice for it all week. Them Friday, we make a change replacing him with an unknown."

Could explain why they waited so long to release him. Why give the opposition a heads up on Tuesday?"

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Im taking everything this man says with a grain of salt.  

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Glad Igo is the end all, be all of things.  Nobody knows if Norman would've sat out or not.  Just a rumor started by a guy that typed this yesterday: 

"Apparently Bene had not been practicing with the first team, that was kept quiet. This leads to me believe the following:

Coaches may have thought "Lets  let Tampa Bay lick their chops at the Panthers-Falcons film all week in regards to Bene and let them game plan and practice for it all week. Them Friday, we make a change replacing him with an unknown."

Could explain why they waited so long to release him. Why give the opposition a heads up on Tuesday?"

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Im taking everything this man says with a grain of salt.  

I'll take his inside access over your uninformed speculation ten times out of ten.

Archived