• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byrd waived

jdpanther5

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Today's rage is about a player who never saw a single regular season down?

OK... lol

(P.S. And I like Damiere Byrd.)

You're basically giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt which they DON'T deserve. The fact he never saw a single snap is what upsets most of us. This offense is lacking exactly what Byrd brings to the table that none of our other WR's have!

Byrd showed enough in his limited preseason snaps to earn a spot over anyone not named Benjiman and Funchess (I truly mean that). Byrd was constantly getting open, and if given a legit chance to prove himself in the slot I have no doubt he'd impress many!

Really though, why not cut Bersin... Again? It's been proven multiple times no one else wants him. There's obviously a good chance Byrd makes it back to us once PS and VB come back but why even risk it?

Byrd showed some good stuff on kick returns in preseason was hopeful he'd get a chance.

I'm sticking with what I said years ago.  RR is an awful evaluator of talent. Actually godawful.  As evidence by Tolbert,bersin and teddy being kept around to name just a few. 

2 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Byrd showed some good stuff on kick returns in preseason was hopeful he'd get a chance.

I'm sticking with what I said years ago.  RR is an awful evaluator of talent. Actually godawful.  As evidence by Tolbert,bersin and teddy being kept around to name just a few. 

He likes low risk guys over high risk high reward 

42 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Byrd did have an opportunity at KR/PR.. coaches just didn't feel like giving byrd a shot to do a better job than ginn has been doing.. ginn ranks near dead last in the NFL in returning the ball.

Ginn Jr. has done a fine job with KRs. Although he has only returned 12. He has a 28yd avg., with a long of 59. One muff, in a game we won, is not the killer blow folks want to believe.

Punt Returns? Yeah, he doin' badly. 11 returns for a 5.6yd avg.. He has fair caught 7, so he is trying to return punts. Just not doing very well at it. And Teddy running into him caused his only muff. Not great. But steady and unimpressive.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ginn Jr. has done a fine job with KRs. Although he has only returned 12. He has a 28yd avg., with a long of 59. One muff, in a game we won, is not the killer blow folks want to believe.

Punt Returns? Yeah, he doin' badly. 11 returns for a 5.6yd avg.. He has fair caught 7, so he is trying to return punts. Just not doing very well at it. And Teddy running into him caused his only muff. Not great. But steady and unimpressive.

Main problem I find with ginn's punt return is he just runs straight for out of bounds too often..

7 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Main problem I find with ginn's punt return is he just runs straight for out of bounds too often..

He does look like he is willing to look for a lane. But if he doesn't see one. Yeah, he either goes down, or out of bounds. At least he can catch em.

Another thought. How can he catch punts, and KOs so well? But struggle with a pass? I know, I know, he is moving when he catches, or tries to catch, passes, and pretty much standing still when returning.

Archived