• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is clock management still a struggle?

pstall

I am not Cam bashing... I love Cam...

Having said that, the game that DA started, we didn't seem to have as many issues with this.

I think it's a combo of Shula and Cam, possibly because the offense is more complicated with Cam, idk...

I have no problem blaming it all on Shula... I'm just saying.

I don't know why Cam can't call a play on his own when Shula doesn't get a play called in time. 

Shula might be the slowest offensive coordinator in the NFL. Anyone else remember the 8 minute drive against the 49ers in the playoffs in 2013 that netted 0 points when the Panthers were down? Genius.

6 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I am not Cam bashing... I love Cam...

Having said that, the game that DA started, we didn't seem to have as many issues with this.

I think it's a combo of Shula and Cam, possibly because the offense is more complicated with Cam, idk...

I have no problem blaming it all on Shula... I'm just saying.

Wasn't an issue with Cam when we were running a hurry up offense last year when he was throwing lasers all over the field.

DA was going one read on most of those passes. Why do you think he threw that awful end zone int? First read was covered he panicked, and that's why he throws awful interceptions. He's good for a series or two max.

19 minutes ago, pstall said:

How many time outs burned to avoid a delay of game ( and again early in the 1st half) and a to when the Rams lined up for a fake.

What's the blind spot for the coaches on this?

It may be a bunch of different things...I can't put my finger on it either.

Drain the clock to control time of possession?

Keep the defense rested?

Shula being instructed that's the way RR wants it?

Shula being a bad OC?

Cam not being in a hurry to get to the LOS?  (ever seen how long he kneels after everyone breaks sometimes)

What I do know, is 1. that it keeps us out of rhythm on offense, and that is hurting Cam.  Cam is a much better passer when he's "in rhythm", and 2, it will come back to bite us.

Archived