• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jonathan Allen Fall to 8

Catufb85

6 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

could he play DE at that weight in a 43?  Imagine him and KK as DE's and Star and Vernon inside.  

Yeah he could one analyst said that an NFL coach told him he reminds him of Titans Jurell Casey with his quickness and hand speed.  Mostly those guys play a DE in a 3-4 D.  But KK did really well at DE last year for us.  That would be one hell of a D line of most downs KK Star Vernon and Allen.. Scary for Qbs.

24 minutes ago, Growl said:

It occured to me last night that this is a possibility (though we all know how Fox feels about 1st round QBs)

He's a player who can play anywhere on the line, and played largely at End last night .

I'd take him and plug him in at End and see what happened.

Problem is if John Fox keeps on drafting defensive players, he'd probably be out of a job real soon. 

17 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

He can even play 4-3 DE? As good as he is, I don't know if he'd make sense to pick  

I see your point...

But 'sense' did not get us Vernon Butler or Shaq Thompson. So we can pretty much throw sense out the window when it comes to G-man drafting.

If he is there and we do draft him then we pretty much have to move to a 3-4 and it might actually work. We need all new edge rushers anyway. Short, Butler, Allen and Kony can all play 3-4 DE. Star and Soliai at NT. Addison would work as an OLB off the edge. Delaire too. Probably no place for CJ and Horton but they are probably gone anyway. Luke and TD still work as inside LBs in a 3-4. We could even put TD on the edge in some situations and bring Shaq into the middle. Ron has plenty of experience running the defense and we'd need to draft a couple pass rushers that fit the system. Biggest problem is making the conversion after free agency is already over.

Archived