• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons bout to hire Sakisian

SCP

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I'm all for making fun of the falcons and I hate Atlanta, but don't take shots at Sarkisian for being an alcoholic. Guy has a serious problem and needs professional help if he already isn't receiving it. 

Addiction is a disease, you wouldn't make fun of someone for getting breast cancer. 

I don't know anything about this guy or his problems but alcoholics choose to start out by drinking irresponsibly. People don't choose to get breast cancer.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

Going outside of the organization is interesting after Ryan just got comfortable in Shanahan's scheme. This is looking more and more like a rough year for them

More like a change of scheme to a run based attack.

Did a little research on the guy and it seems as Carroll's OC at USC he ran a WCO with a ZBS and a lot of no huddle and hurry up, so very similar to Shanahan and the Carroll connection with Dan Quinn. But the guy has zero NFL experience, is possibly a drunk and doesn't seem to have had a whole lot of success at the college level either, but I've done very little research about him. Maybe others can add more here.

22 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I don't know anything about this guy or his problems but alcoholics choose to start out by drinking irresponsibly. People don't choose to get breast cancer.

Yea... I mean you COULD catch the plague randomly....

You could also jump into a tub full of fleas with it and catch it that way....one seems more relatable than the other.

13 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Did a little research on the guy and it seems as Carroll's OC at USC he ran a WCO with a ZBS and a lot of no huddle and hurry up, so very similar to Shanahan and the Carroll connection with Dan Quinn. But the guy has zero NFL experience, is possibly a drunk and doesn't seem to have had a whole lot of success at the college level either, but I've done very little research about him. Maybe others can add more here.

You're pretty much spot on. His terminology is apparently the same as KS so that should help. He also implements some spread concepts into his offense. His only real NFL experience was QB coach for the Raiders. Apparently him and Saban couldn't agree on scheme philosophy, as Saint Nick wants to run a 1940's offense. He did make Jake Locker a high draft pick though. 

I'm more excited about all the punch lines. "What the hell was Sark thinking, was he drunk?"....well yeah he was actually. 

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

See this is exactly the type of thinking that proves you don't understand addiction disorders. 

Archived