• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: 49ers Interested With Fournette At #2

Saca312

The interesting thing about drafted a RB that high is how much he'd be getting paid relative to his position. 

The total value of the #2 pick is approximately $29 million, which is a $7.25 million average.  

That would instantly become the 4th high average contract for a RB with the most in guarantees at signing. He'd have to come out of the gate as the top 5 RB in the league to justify his contract. 

Links: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

http://overthecap.com/draft/

Smokescreen is actually pretty possible here and it could very well be targeted directly at us given our comments yesterday. Fournette seems a bit of an odd choice for Shanahan.

I don't think that's what's happening granted. I'm just saying.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Smokescreen is actually pretty possible here and it could very well be targeted directly at us given our comments yesterday. Fournette seems a bit of an odd choice for Shanahan.

I don't think that's what's happening granted. I'm just saying.

Possible, I just can't see us trading all the way up to #2. That would probably have to involve next year's 1st and that ain't gonna happen.

I would be very happy with Fournette... but my heart desires Adams, Hooker or an elite DE. So I would actually be happy with this. Seems if this played out AND the Browns took a QB at #1 the we are locked for a future star at DE or safety.

Fournette has been my awesome consolation prize leading up to the draft. I REALLY want Adams, Hooker or Thomas 

22 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

If they trade Hyde before the draft, then I would be a little worried about this. 

Is that a rumor right now? I was impressed with Hyde. Not an every down guy but seems to me he might compliment Stew fairly well. If we could get him for a 4th or maybe our comp 3rd and focus on DE or safety in the draft, I would be pretty ecstatic.

Archived