• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

double dipping dave

juliosantos

People would talk mad sshit but I would love it for a couple reasons:

I havnt done much studying and I still have time, but it appears this years draft is loaded at DE with some pretty entriging prospects.. To the point where some huddlers are at each others throats on here over who is better

also, we have Julius Peppers to mentor this season. I would LOVE to lock up a beast Dline that would pressure the QB for years. Obviously other pieces would need to be locked down (Stah and KK) but with Butler two first round DE from this class would be pretty sick.

extremly exciting

1 minute ago, Steves89 said:

Can we come up with a new idiom for taking two players of the same position?

Based on how it has worked out for us thus far (Star and KK not withstanding) "Dropping a deuce" feels more appropriate.

I feel like Bradberry and Worley will work out. They did decent. I refuse to look at things in a vacuum durring a Superbowl loss hangover

Can see us double dipping but not both in the first. Some later round DE and S worth looking at in addition to if we grab Adams/Hooker or Thomas/Allen early. Also could see us double dipping at HB and building that position for the future. Not a Fournette/McCaffrey type dip but an earlier guy and a day 3 guy.

Only possible way I could see us double dipping in the first is if we nab Thomas or Allen at 8 and then somehow the other slides enough to the point where we could get the other with both of our 2nds. That won't happen though. Wouldn't be surprised if both of them are gone before 8.

23 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

How would you feel if dave drafts either allen or solomon thomas at # 8 then trades both 2nds to get back in the first and takes taco charlton or derek barnett ? i wouldnt be suprised if we double dip at end in this draft it makes alot of sense 

if we got Solomon Thomas and Taco Charlton, that would be about the happiest I have been about a draft in a long time. That's about as good as getting KK and Star in the same draft. Highly unlikely that will happen though

Archived