• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Adams and Fournette both make it to 8, who do you choose?

panther4life

Adams or Fournette?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1

• ADAMS
    • FOURNETTE

I would pick Fournette. Our offense is predicated off of the run. Our defense is based off of the pass rush. It doesn't seem like we have valued corners and safeties up until this point. Give me Fournette, Obi & Tanoh and I would be a happy guy. As you can tell I just want some athletic playmakers. We have some nice solid players but need to get lucky with some true playmakers on both sides. 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I would pick Fournette. Our offense is predicated off of the run. Our defense is based off of the pass rush. It doesn't seem like we have valued corners and safeties up until this point. Give me Fournette, Obi & Tanoh and I would be a happy guy. As you can tell I just want some athletic playmakers. We have some nice solid players but need to get lucky with some true playmakers on both sides. 

I would love that. My ideal but realistic mock for us would be Fournette in the 1st, Obi with #40, OT with potential with NE's pick, Tanoh with comp pick (or swap last two picks if there's a run on DEs) then just fill depth with the rest. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I would love that. My ideal but realistic mock for us would be Fournette in the 1st, Obi with #40, OT with potential with NE's pick, Tanoh with comp pick (or swap last two picks if there's a run on DEs) then just fill depth with the rest. 

Add a TE, Josh Dobbs, and Zane Gonzalez with the other picks and cut DA, Dickson, and GaNO and it's on like donkey kong.  It'd be better if the other 31 were never born.

Not taking fournette if he is there will be a huge mistake.  Cam can not carry us forever.  We need another threat on the team that makes other teams think twice.  Fournette is the guy that can strike fear in other teams.  

Adams is a fine player and i belive he will be a good pro but fournette was literally all lsu had and he was still a monster.  Imagine what he can do for us.

7 hours ago, Malt Liquor said:

If J Stew was younger I would go Jamal Adams. But at 30 and due to make $5.5 million this season, no question it's Fournette.

Stewart's cap figure is 8.25 million this year. Don't know where ya'll are getting this other number.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jonathan-stewart-4042/

This is the last year the idiot Marty Hurney's contracts touch our books. We save about 4 million in cap space if Stewart is shown the door. Question is how much is a 30 year old RB with chronically bad feet and ankles worth? Not much.

Still....I'd take Adams and go RB later in the draft and supplemented with June 1 Free Agency cuts.

8 hours ago, panther4life said:

It seems most believe if we are lucky if one of the 2 fall to us. However, what if both make it to 8. Who's your choice and why? Votes are not public so vote freely. 

Here's a mock to show how it could potentially happen.

1. Browns: Garrett -BPA
  2. 49ers: Tribusky - Need a long term answer at QB and can ease him in behind Hoyer.
  3. Bears: Allen - It's John Fox. He will go D-line here. They run a 3-4 now and Allen is the perfect fit to go opposite Ayers 
  4. JaguarsHooker - Look at their defensive depth chart. http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/JAX . Adding Hooker to the mix could make them deadly and cause nightmares for Luck,Mariotta, and Romo? (or whoever else the Texans end up with) in the AFC South. 
  5. Titans: Corey Davis - Titan's need a WR to pair with Rishard Matthews. They previously had interest in Cooks so clearly WR is a need.
  6. Jets: Deshaun Watson- Easiest position on team to upgrade so they have to pick between him and Kizer. 
  7. Chargers: Soloman Thomas. Would be so easy to mock Hooker here but he's gone.
  8. Panthers: Adams or Fournette?

Edit: Every snap of both players broken down by game that you can watch in minutes.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/leonard-fournette/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jamal-adams/

What a great question.

I think Fournette is an amazing player but the depth of this draft class at RB you probably can fill this position in round two and not have too much of a fall off.

Our division is filled with teams that want to outscore you.  Blow you off the field.  Atlanta and New Orleans are explosive and Tampa Bay is loading up.   Adams is a great player but the attribute I love the most is the instinctiveness of his game.  He is the Luke Kuechly of the defensive backfield.   You can be a great player but having a guy that can diagnose a play quickly is invaluable.   Having two of them is amazing.

I would jump for joy over either but having to choose.  I would take Adams.

I, for the life of me, don't see what's so "generationally talented" about Fournette. I'm not sure he's even a better prospect than Elliot last year, nevermind going back a generation. 

Now, he may be generationally athletically gifted. His height, weight, speed combination is ridiculous.  Running a 4.5 40 at 240 is impressive, but he's just average at some things I think are very important for a running back. 

Vision = average.

Feet=average.

Pass Pro = average.

Pass catching = average. 

That's too much average to be a generational talent. Elliot is great at all of that plus having good workout #'s. 

His potential to run people over is impressive, but you can only do that when you've built up some speed. And if he's tackled in the Backfield because he struggles to make the first man miss then his size goes to waste (see Alabama game)

I don't totally object to drafting LF, but he's behind a few others for me. 

Hooker. Adams. Lattimore. Then Fournette. Howard. Ross. Taco/Allen/Stanford kid.

Archived