• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your top 8 candidates for pick 8?

panther4life

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

He doesn't.

Cam sucks at short throws, Shula is obsessed with long developing routes, and our offense is predicated on power. McCaffery wouldn't be ideal here.

I wouldn't even touch Taco with a 2nd rounder. Ealy had good upside but was lazy and rubbed people on our team the wrong way... yet Taco is an option? Come on guys. Taco is a more athletic but lazier and egotistical version of Ealy.

Hell no to Taco.

Ealy was a projected first rounder prior to the 2014 NFL draft,and he almost feel to the third round (selected #60 overall) not because of bad luck but for a reason.i'm sure you and alot of other huddlers are aware that i was never an Ealy fan,and called him a bust from pretty much day one

like Ealy,Taco falls in the draft to the second imo... because of his  work ethic,40 time,and only starting one year in Michigan for a former successful NFL head coach.so with that said at the next leve this kid will more than likely not be a day one starter,and at best would only be a rotational player.

on the other hand,this kid has a freakishly atheletic frame,the type of size that NFL scouts drool over,excellent bend,and is strong as an ox.he would also add a set of fresh legs alongside an aging group of DEs here in Carolina.and most importantly has the potential or upside to become an elite DE in the NFL.

so i believe the pros outweigh the cons

14 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

No, they don't. If a player is lazy, doesn't have a good work ethic, has only one season of solid production (likely just to be drafted), and is incredibly immature then his Pros don't outweigh his Cons. Taco is a freak athlete and has a great frame... yeah? So what? Remember Gholston? The issue remains that Taco is a very high risk. You don't take a high risk like him 8th or even 40th overall after we just got rid of Ealy for similar reasons. 

Taco needs a ton of work and it all depends how he responds to coaching. Judging from what was said about him during the combine tests, he's a me-first kinda of guy and doesn't always listen to his coaches. No thanks. I don't want a guy like him on my team.

i think anybody who drafts this kid in the first is taking a big time gamble.the kid is a second rounder at best,imo.with that said ,i also wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Saints reach for him at 11.

who do like at DE outside the first round in a scenario where we draft Fournette? 

On 4/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Garrett - this guy has Julius Peppers type potential

2. Fournette - yeah, I think he really could be the next AP

3. Thomas - I think he's a more athletic version of CJ

4. Hooker - should be the best safety the Panthers have ever had

5. Adams - ditto the above, I have him behind Hooker because I feel like a true centerfielder type of safety is a harder piece to find than a SS

6. Lattimore - pair him up with Bradberry and we should be set at outside CB for years

7. Howard - we love double TE sets, but our #2 TE sucks. Immediately upgrade what we do, plus get Olsen's heir apparent 

8. McCaffrey - the wildcard.

Mine isn't this same order but this is definitely my top 8

11 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

Garrett
Thomas
Adams
Allen
Fournette
Hooker
Barnett
Davis

In that order.
We need a couple of QBs to go early.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

we really do and the more I read the less likely that seems like it's going to happen.

*fingers crossed*

5 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

He doesn't.

Cam sucks at short throws, Shula is obsessed with long developing routes, and our offense is predicated on power. McCaffery wouldn't be ideal here.

lol, explain Fozzy then? There have been plenty of plays Cam Audibled to and threw a dump off pass to Fozzy and he made things happen. By that logic Fozzy is a waste of a roster spot. McCaffrey is a better version of Fozzy, just superior in every way. Christian can line up as a slot receiver on one down, then back to the RB position WITH stewart run a seam route or his bread and butter, the out and up (Wheel route). which Fozzy has run plenty of times.

Cam lacks accuracy and that's in all throws, maybe except his deep ball. But he's hit plenty of short and intermediate throws in his career. It just so happens that Tolbert, Sunshine and X player were on the other side of the catch, not the best options. Hell Shula tried a screen pass with Bersin...is that about personnel or is that about shula? 

This offense is limited because of Shula but according to Shula it's a personnel deal. He needs guys like this to add more creases to the offense, so why not give him the best available player that will facilitate that and also add value with his special teams play and oh...he can be a receiver in the slot as well, something we need. The value is really being undersold when it comes to McCaffrey. 

Elite:

1.) Marshon Lattimore.

2.) Leonard Fournette.

-------------------------------

Talent drop:

The rest. Don't really want the rest. Need to hit on 1 or 2.

3.) Jamal Adams

4.) Malik Hooker

5.) Jonathan Allen

6.) Derek Barnett

7.) Solomon Thomas

8.) O.J Howard

Keep your fingers crossed we land Lattimore or Fournette. Preferably Lattimore.

On 4/8/2017 at 4:13 PM, panther4life said:

There is my elite 8 for the panthers, who do you have?

Hard to quibble with your list.  Looks pretty solid to me.  Some may not think McCaffrey should be that high, but he has the potential to be a real weapon for us and I'm gradually coming round to the idea, though it still seems like something of a reach..  I imagine most Huddlers would have Hooker ahead of McCaf, however, even if we've got Coleman.  Doesn't mean I really want to draft Hooker though... Basically I want us to get a stud DE or an offensive weapon (Fournette, Howard or McCaf) at #8.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, JawnyBlaze said:

There aren't eight players I'd be good with at #8. Fournette, Garrett, Thomas, Hooker, Adams, Howard and maaaaybe Barnett. That's it. If all of them are gone I guess I'd be ok with the top CB. 

Just curious why you wouldn't pick a WR like Davis at #8?

Archived