• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Day Two Prospects Left?

App Panther

Want Obi, and not just for the Howard pick.  Again, in a division with Howard/Evans, Julio, and not to mention somebody to (maybe) push KB/Funch at practice?  Give me the big safety they'll have to fight for balls against. 

Obi at 40...then package the other 2 and 3 to jump up and grab BPA around pick 50 and call it a day. One thing I am starting to question though, do we even really need to trade up? A LOT of talent left here.  Keeping that 3rd rounder might be more valuable than jumping 8-10 spots tomorrow. Package picks on Saturday, sure, tomorrow I'm iffy on (but expecting us to do it). 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Want Obi, and not just for the Howard pick.  Again, in a division with Howard/Evans, Julio, and not to mention somebody to (maybe) push KB/Funch at practice?  Give me the big safety they'll have to fight for balls against. 

Obi at 40...then package the other 2 and 3 to jump up and grab BPA around pick 50 and call it a day. One thing I am starting to question though, do we even really need to trade up? A LOT of talent left here.  Keeping that 3rd rounder might be more valuable than jumping 8-10 spots tomorrow. Package picks on Saturday, sure, tomorrow I'm iffy on (but expecting us to do it). 

I think we can package our 4th with 64 and move up around 8 spots. I don't think we will need to give up our 3rd. The draft has been so weird and I don't think it costs as much to move up and back.

24 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

How about keeping, 40 and 64, then use the late third and fourth to move higher in 3rd round.  

Not crazy about Forest Lamp for us. I think he'll be a solid guard, but I don't see him as an NFL right tackle.

At this point my favorite prospects left are Obi Melifonwu and Chris Godwin, though I'm not sure we'd take a WR after drafting McCaffrey at #8. DG/Rivera might view him as filling the WR need as well as the RB need.

Archived