• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess will be your future TD

18 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Funchess can't beat 5'-11" CB lol 

I've seen multiple occasions where Funchess used his size to out reach defenders and He's also one of the most fluid athletes at receiver that we have. One thing most of you are forgetting is that it takes 3 to 4 years for a receiver to come up to speed in the NFL (mostly due to the extreme few who come up and play out of their minds) and Funchess had just concerted to WR, in a spread offense. So he is learning a new position in a new offense and it should come to fruition this year.

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I've seen multiple occasions where Funchess used his size to out reach defenders and He's also one of the most fluid athletes at receiver that we have. One thing most of you are forgetting is that it takes 3 to 4 years for a receiver to come up to speed in the NFL (mostly due to the extreme few who come up and play out of their minds) and Funchess had just concerted to WR, in a spread offense. So he is learning a new position in a new offense and it should come to fruition this year.

He wil stick on to roste  but I see him as #3 or 4

Watch out for Fred Ross 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Normally I just ignore dumb threads, but this OP creates headlines that suggest he knows something then babbles about some dream he had after eating cabbage and sausage.  Can we limit the hypothetical opium-based hallucinations or if the urge to share them with other fans becomes irresistible. can we make a rule that says Stupid BS has to appear in the thread title in some form? 

Brandon Beane is a Mole, Funchess to TE----no facts whatsoever, just theater for morons.

3 months of this stuff till training camp.  Entering the silly season

19 hours ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Everyone having a heart attack Bc we didn't get a a future back up tight end calm down....Funchess will be converted back to a TE in my opinion.   Your WRs next year:

KB Samuel Johnson Shepard Byrd Bug Howard (or Garrett, Bersin, tbd) 

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

People will see how the presence of Samuel (opposed to Brown) will open things up for DF.

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

He wil stick on to roste  but I see him as #3 or 4

Watch out for Fred Ross 

If Funchess comes in to camp ready to go and Benjamin is worried about conditioning again Funchess will be your number one. He's got the potential, he's been learning a new position. The guys most likely to see the field; Funchess, Benjamin, Samuels, Shep. We have Calf as a running back so I don't include him but those are the guys you'll see at any given time depending in the situatuon.

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

If Funchess comes in to camp ready to go and Benjamin is worried about conditioning again Funchess will be your number one. He's got the potential, he's been learning a new position. The guys most likely to see the field; Funchess, Benjamin, Samuels, Shep. We have Calf as a running back so I don't include him but those are the guys you'll see at any given time depending in the situatuon.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/statistics?season=2015&team=CAR&seasonType=

Nope, the real # 1 is Greg Olsen but if we are talkng about WR strictly then it will got too Curtis or Ross

Benjamin is just little bit overwieght but  he will perfectly fine for camp.  

2015 season:

CAM:     3,837 yds   35 TDs

J-Stew:     989 yds     6 TDs

Olsen:     1104 yds     7 TDs

Ginn:        739 yds    10 TDs

Funch:      473 yds      5 TDs

Brown:      447 yds      4 TDs

KB (2014):  1,008 yds 9 TDs

2016 season: 

CAM:     3,509 yds   35 TDs

J-Stew:     824 yds     9 TDs

Olsen:     1073 yds     3 TDs

Ginn:        752 yds      4 TDs

Funch:      371 yds      4TDs

Brown:      276 yds      1 TDs

KB:            941 yds      7 TDs

If something happens to KB I believe Fred Ross will win the #1 spot and Curtis Samuel will be #2. 

Funches is good depth player but he hasn't lived up to his potential due to his limited skill set (even though DG claimed he could play all X,Y & Z.  

People are really talking about Funchess as our potential #1... again? Remember the massive hype train he had last off-season? He was supposed to be night and day better and challenge KB for the #1 role. Then the season got here and he just plain sucked. Seriously one of the worst WRs in the league last year.

I'm done having any expectations for Funchess. Anything we get out of him at this point I just consider icing on the cake.

On 4/30/2017 at 11:48 AM, sanjay_rajput said:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/statistics?season=2015&team=CAR&seasonType=

Nope, the real # 1 is Greg Olsen but if we are talkng about WR strictly then it will got too Curtis or Ross

Benjamin is just little bit overwieght but  he will perfectly fine for camp.  

2015 season:

CAM:     3,837 yds   35 TDs

J-Stew:     989 yds     6 TDs

Olsen:     1104 yds     7 TDs

Ginn:        739 yds    10 TDs

Funch:      473 yds      5 TDs

Brown:      447 yds      4 TDs

KB (2014):  1,008 yds 9 TDs

2016 season: 

CAM:     3,509 yds   35 TDs

J-Stew:     824 yds     9 TDs

Olsen:     1073 yds     3 TDs

Ginn:        752 yds      4 TDs

Funch:      371 yds      4TDs

Brown:      276 yds      1 TDs

KB:            941 yds      7 TDs

If something happens to KB I believe Fred Ross will win the #1 spot and Curtis Samuel will be #2. 

Funches is good depth player but he hasn't lived up to his potential due to his limited skill set (even though DG claimed he could play all X,Y & Z.  

Funchess isn't just good depth, and he doesn't have a limited skill set. If DG says he could play all positions, he can likely play all positions. It's a matter of play design and Devin developing in his role as a Wide Receiver. He played with Devin Gardner at Michigan in his one year as a wide receiver running from a spread offense. Watching him when he's on and Cam finds him, he looks like the best athlete on the field. It's a matter of getting it between the ears and this is the year that most NFL receivers actually punch through on.

That said, Samuel and Ross will not be number one and number two because we don't run number one and number two positions. We have guys that shift around different positions dependent on the desired outcome of the particular play call. This isn't Madden where you throw a guy in at one on the depth chart and he plays that position throughout the game. 

Benji and Olsen are both likely going to be the top targets this season with a significant drop off to the next 3 guys, Funchess, Samuel, and McCaffrey. 

Archived