• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And Now A Peak At The Falcons First Rounder...

Saca312

takkarist.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

If there's ever a Falcon that I may actually like, Takkarist McKinley may fit the bill. Sure, his touching story about how he came from scraps and how much his grandmother influenced him is touching, and his passion for the game and how he got this far is inspirational, but there's just one aspect of him that makes my heart tingle.

It can all be summed up in this one simple quote:

On his favorite team being the Carolina Panthers and potentially playing against them: 

Ha, yeah, I have to cool down a little bit. It breaks my heart.  But my uncle always asks, 'how would you feel about tackling Cam Newton?' I tell him, 'I couldn't do it.' ...  I'll let him score.

Yep. The Falcons first round pick is a huge Panther and Cam Newton fan.

It's a sad turn of fate in all honesty. The Falcons come forth again to ruin another person's career by not only forcing said person to play for one of the biggest jokes of a franchise in the history of football, he's forced to go against his favorite team and player in a twist of cruel fate. 

Of course, he later (hesitantly) claims he's "joking" about not tackling Cam Newton, as seen below:

“I’m just messing with you... I wouldn’t do that.”

Even so, something tells me he's not looking forward to facing the Panthers in more ways than one. 

Just look at his intense passion towards the Carolina Panthers. To commemorate his first milestone of getting a tattoo, he decks out in the gear of his two favorite teams: The college team he plays for, and the Carolina Panthers:

C9Tt6c6VwAAofUU.jpg

It's just a sad state of events that this kid had to go to a franchise like the Failcons. A team where Matty Meltdown attempts the role of QB while acting like a complete and total fool. It's very disheartening all around.

Nevertheless, he has one important message to all Panther fans.

So, if there was ever a Falcon to like, it's this guy.

(Also, The Falcons Blew A 25 Point Lead In The Superbowl)

I understand his passion but what he did on draft night was stupid and ridiculous, frankly. And while I did like him as a player and he was on my radar for pick 40, I don't think he was worth trading up for him like the Falcons did. Bucs and Aints had great first rounds. Can't say the same about the Falcons.

26 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

I'm telling yall NFC South defenses are going to be far better this year.

Falcons & Saints drafted LBs to stop Carolina's  2 main weapon

J-Stew & Olsen. 

Our scheme to have game-breakers McCaffrey and Samuel wide-open is going perfectly according to plan.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Our scheme to have game-breakers McCaffrey and Samuel wide-open is going perfectly according to plan.

giphy.gif

That was literally my first thought. They're evolving to stop what we've been doing...not what we're about to do.

6C24B562-3904-415A-A41F-1D7478EB0620-5566-000008913906B13C.jpeg.5db228068a99f7298491fa67233afbc3.jpeg

Lotta people will hate on him, and he is going to have to check his emotions at times...but hard not to like him (when he's not wearing a Falcons jersey).

Story on Twitter that he overslept on a recruiting visit to Cal I think (?)...because it was the first time in months he'd actually gotten to sleep in a bed. When you've had the life this dude has...kinda hard not to be emotional on draft night. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Story on Twitter that he overslept on a recruiting visit to Cal I think (?)...because it was the first time in months he'd actually gotten to sleep in a bed. When you've had the life this dude has...kinda hard not to be emotional on draft night. 

Damn, I feel for anyone in that situation.  But I'm mostly proud to see somebody able to build a life out of nothing.  It's got to be pure ecstasy to work that hard and have it payoff like that.

Archived