• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And Now A Peak At The Falcons First Rounder...

Saca312

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Nothing against the kid. Sounds like a great story. But after that sailoresque display of words on national television 12.3 seconds after being drafted, I'm glad the media has one less story to bash us with.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I can hear it now. "Can Carolina manage a locker room made up of Cam Newton and McKinley?"

Idiots never mention how picky we are about high character guys and how classy Cam has been.

Ironically, the more thugs you throw on a team like ATL they would praise it as building a "nasty and tough culture" on defense. Sigh.

12 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Nothing against the kid. Sounds like a great story. But after that sailoresque display of words on national television 12.3 seconds after being drafted, I'm glad the media has one less story to bash us with.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

lol...young exuberance

13 hours ago, Saca312 said:

takkarist.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

If there's ever a Falcon that I may actually like, Takkarist McKinley may fit the bill. Sure, his touching story about how he came from scraps and how much his grandmother influenced him is touching, and his passion for the game and how he got this far is inspirational, but there's just one aspect of him that makes my heart tingle.

It can all be summed up in this one simple quote:

Yep. The Falcons first round pick is a huge Panther and Cam Newton fan.

It's a sad turn of fate in all honesty. The Falcons come forth again to ruin another person's career by not only forcing said person to play for one of the biggest jokes of a franchise in the history of football, he's forced to go against his favorite team and player in a twist of cruel fate. 

Of course, he later (hesitantly) claims he's "joking" about not tackling Cam Newton, as seen below:

Even so, something tells me he's not looking forward to facing the Panthers in more ways than one. 

Just look at his intense passion towards the Carolina Panthers. To commemorate his first milestone of getting a tattoo, he decks out in the gear of his two favorite teams: The college team he plays for, and the Carolina Panthers:

C9Tt6c6VwAAofUU.jpg

It's just a sad state of events that this kid had to go to a franchise like the Failcons. A team where Matty Meltdown attempts the role of QB while acting like a complete and total fool. It's very disheartening all around.

Nevertheless, he has one important message to all Panther fans.

So, if there was ever a Falcon to like, it's this guy.

(Also, The Falcons Blew A 25 Point Lead In The Superbowl)

I do like this guy. He has one of the most heart tugging stories I've heard in a while. The fact is, a lot of guys in this league are Cam fans and they know it. But this guy is a diehard Panthers fans so it'll be very interesting twice a year now. 

12 hours ago, Fournettecation said:

I loved what he did on draft night, it's emotional being drafted about time someone showed it

I get that and agree in part, but football is an emotional game and your mouth is something you can control--and he didn

't.  How is his composure going to be when the bullets are flying and there are things he can't control?

Deon Sanders was great with him--like his father up there.  Talk about a man who has grown up...

I love this dude, and another one of the Falcons picks... Brian Hill.

They've got two great backs already, and now they have three. Crazy.

That said, they can suck an egg at least two Sundays a season until they leave Atlanta.

Archived