• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KB putting in work.

Burnout189

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Kelvin-Benjamin-I-need-to-be-in-the-best-shape-of-my-life/16d6b6f3-cad6-4d5b-aee7-06fc7dd58485

So I know we already stated that it sounded like KB got the message about his weight and being prepared for the season. But this article makes me a little more excited to hear, especially if KB can get down to around 245-240 lbs. He is such a big receiver that if he can add some speed to his frame and gain a little separation from opposing DBs, then the pairing of him with McCaffrey, Samuel , and Olsen, just can create so many miss-matches for opposing defenses. Our offense this year SHOULD be really great, if all of the pieces play too their true potential.

He is saying all the right things.  Just hope he has finally gotten it and has matured enough to improve his work ethic.  He is surrounded by the right people...just hope some good stuff rubs off finally. He is in big danger of rookies showing him up.

12 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I'll start believing it when he doesn't need to lose weight before OTAs and Training Camp. It seems like every off season he "gets it". 

To be fair. One year he was a rookie. His second yr he was tearing up camp before the injury. 3rd year coming back from injury. 

Am I disappointed he came in out of shape? Sure. But do I feel like that is a reason to get on him and give up on him like many do on here? No, not at all. He plays angry and with fire which is a good thing. He just needs some time to figure out that football isn't a during June - January sport. It is a year round job and if he wants to have a long successful career then he needs to put in the work during the offseason. 

I have yet to see a picture where KB actually looks fat to me. He will always be naturally thick. That's just his body type and it's one of the main reasons  why he's in the NFL in the first place. He just needs to learn to play WR like a power forward, much like Antonio Gates plays TE. If he masters that, he will catch 90% of those 50/50 balls. That and being a dominate blocker are his niches.

It's sad that our own fans have to go to such lengths to tear down their own players. To the point that players like CJ have to call out the fanbase to stop being asshats because Cam Newton rapped and smoked a cigar on his birthday.

10 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I have yet to see a picture where KB actually looks fat to me. He will always be naturally thick. That's just his body type and it's one of the main reasons  why he's in the NFL in the first place. He just needs to learn to play WR like a power forward, much like Antonio Gates plays TE. If he masters that, he will catch 90% of those 50/50 balls. That and being a dominate blocker are his niches.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Amen. Most annoying part of this new world paradigm of instant gratification and honestly, misinformation. All we heard was that he cam in a bit heavy, not that he was out of shape and not working and certainly not that he was 280 pounds. But, because of some local radio guy, all the internet panther fans are memeing it up as if he's Jabba the Hut.

Most people are lazy sheep who won't read past the headlines.

I have to say that I am perhaps the biggest fan of KB not named KB_fan and I gotta say I'm glad to hear he's on the right track.  I don't know if he even realizes how important he is for our offense.  When he's playing well he is almost unstoppable.  If he is balling out then that means we're moving the chains and we're most likely winning.  And that's what it's all about, getting a shot at the Lombardi.  All of us want to see you do well big man, so when training camp comes along, just bring it!

Archived