• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we the biggest sleeper the last few seasons?

ncfan

Maybe im just being a homer but how the heck are we being so overlooked.

I get it we had a bad year last season.

The Falcons just came off a superbowl appearance so I can see how some have them favorites, but how so heavily.

Do people forget just the year prior we were in the same game and had only 1 loss, maybe my memory isnt that great but I believe only the Pats undefeated regular season are the only one to do that recently.

Do people forget that we won the division and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs the previous 2 seasons prior to the superbowl appearance? Are is everyone assuming the Falcons are immune to the hangover that hit us hard and many teams in the past?

Normans replacement is light years ahead of him at the same stage (took Norman 2.5 years to show anything, 2 to even get off the bench in a weak CB group). His replacement graded out about the same as him last year as a rookie.

Nickelback has been one of our weaker points on D the last few seasons, we brought in a guy who graded out as one of the top Nickles in the game the last 2 seasons, and he is coming home to finish. So hes hungry.

Peppers isnt the same young Pep who was here before. But dudes a freak and still possibly more athletic than Ealy. Vet who is Hungry for a ring. A guy who is close to Big Cat and a true homegrown kid. Really spells out him giving one last push giving whats left in the tank.

We bring in a Vet and Probowl SS after the loss of Harper hurt last year.

We lost Ginn, but even though he is a rookie Samuel may very well be a upgrade. Ginn has been a nobody every other team he's played at but a stud here, mainly due to his deep speed. He lost most of his quickness the last couple of seasons though thus the big step back in the return game. Samuel brings the same speed (maybe more with his youth vs the older Ginn) plus way more shiftiness and quickness.

After the Norman situation there were rumors about some of the players not being happy with the way it was handled and questioned the FO.

Wrapping up KK should clear ALL the dust in the air among the players in that locker room.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No back to back winning seasons, Cam has an injured shoulder. The Oline is a big question mark. We play in arguably the toughest division in football. 

I love the additions we made but I am tempering my expectations. Last season was a huge kick in the groin. I'm not trying to go through that again.

We're not a sleeper because anyone who's paying attention expects us to do well.  It wouldn't be a breakout season for us to win the South again, nor to make a deep playoff run.  When you line up with Cam and Luke, you don't get to be a sleeper.

No back to back winning seasons, Cam has an injured shoulder. The Oline is a big question mark. We play in arguably the toughest division in football. 
I love the additions we made but I am tempering my expectations. Last season was a huge kick in the groin. I'm not trying to go through that again.

I can see the Cam injury.
But the back to back winning seasons is weak, we were one game that resulted in a tie from having 3 straight .500+ seasons. And that 1 bad season we made it to the divisional round of the playoffs (just as far as last years Cowgirls made it) and lost on the road in a hard fought game to the team that shouodve won the superbowl if they would just hand the damn ball off to beast mode.
We play in one of the tougher divisions, but outside of that we have a favorable schedule. Outside of the Pats, the AFC east has been one of the weakest in football. We play SF and Chicago who picked #2 and #3 in the draft for a reason.
We play 3 of the worst 6 teams from last year. 6 out of our 16 games picked in the top 11 this year.
Minn is in rebuild mode losing alot and could have Remmers starting at LT.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, usmcpanthers said:

We play our best when we are underdogs, out of the spotlight, and feel disrespected.

agreed, but i'm sick of this poo. I'm sick of having to go through an embarrassing year just to get hungry again b/c the entire world writes us off. 

it's time to be like the Patriots. Win, win, and continue to fuging win and let the entire world hate on you for winning so much. That should be your motivation year in and year out that should continue to feed your hunger.

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

agreed, but i'm sick of this poo. I'm sick of having to go through an embarrassing year just to get hungry again b/c the entire world writes us off. 

it's time to be like the Patriots. Win, win, and continue to fuging win and let the entire world hate on you for winning so much. That should be your motivation year in and year out that should continue to feed your hunger.

i'd been saying this for years. fight your way up to the top of the hill instead of dreaming about it, stick your flag in the ground and dare the rest of the league to come and take it from you.

12 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

The good news is we just drafted a couple of Patriot type players in CMC and Samuel. In fact, that was the first thing that popped into my mind when Samuel's name was called. We now have two very shifty and versatile players who can move the chains when we really need it.

I don't think we're being overlooked, I think that we just have too many question marks coming out of 2016 and into 2017. That being said, A healthy Cam and a healthy Luke = playoffs.  We have too much talent not to do well this season, the only thing that can stop us is the injury bug.

Archived