• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analysis: Daryl Worley's Rookie Season - Growth, Potential, And Dominance; A Look At A Very Underrated Panther Corner

Saca312

8 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Na, I just don't see him doing well.  I can have my opinion, correct?  He was a bad weak link last year, including Trae Boston.  Now, he'll really get exposed.  

If he does do well, will you man up and admit you were wrong? Also, I'm not expecting him to be a pro bowler.. I'm just expecting him to do well enough that our secondary will be miles ahead of where it was last year 

If I were to rank our secondary in skill level, it'd be something like this:

1. James Bradberry

2. Captain Munnerlyn

3. Daryl Worley

4. Kurt Coleman

5. Mike Adams 

The gap is very few in between these players, and you'd have an argument to switch any of these players up with anyone. This may be the best overall secondary we've ever fielded.

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If he does do well, will you man up and admit you were wrong? Also, I'm not expecting him to be a pro bowler.. I'm just expecting him to do well enough that our secondary will be miles ahead of where it was last year 

Yeah, I will honestly say he's played well.  But, if he sucks, will the anus known as Saca admit he was wrong?  I highly doubt it.  

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

If I were to rank our secondary in skill level, it'd be something like this:

1. James Bradberry

2. Captain Munnerlyn

3. Daryl Worley

4. Kurt Coleman

5. Mike Adams 

The gap is very few in between these players, and you'd have an argument to switch any of these players up with anyone. This may be the best overall secondary we've ever fielded.

Yeah, the guy with the most interceptions the past two years is forth, and a Pro Bowler is fifth.  Jesus Christ.  

1. Bradberry

2. Coleman

3. Captain

4. Adams

5. Worley

6. Corn

7. Sanchez

58 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Yeah, I will honestly say he's played well.  But, if he sucks, will the anus known as Saca admit he was wrong?  I highly doubt it.  

Knock off the insults or you take a break for a while. 

19 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Exactly!! And that irritated me. Are rookies not allowed to be rookies anymore? Are we that spoiled now? Worley was a third rounder with raw technique. He definitely had the steeper learning curve but he also had size, reach, instincts, and intelligence. Daryl learned from his mistakes fairly quickly. So, in other words, he was very coachable. I mean, if that's the case, why not give him the time he needs to blossom? Apparently it was a pain to be patient with him because he got called a bust his fourth week in. By the end of the season, he was one of the best young CBs in the league. In addition, his tackling and run support did not go unnoticed either. He finished in the Top 15. So much for that whiff nickname.

People in here get mad because I call out Benjamin (a three year vet now) for not being in shape before team activities and not being motivated enough... but they hope a rookie gets cut or worse (die) just because our DC tells our boys to give a 6 yard cushion to keep the play in front of them. It's absurd. 

No, only Carolina's rookies play like rookies; everyone else's drafts have polished starters in every round that complement the All-Pros at every position on their depth charts. Carolina really needs to get with the program.

On 6/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, nctarheel0619 said:

Na, I just don't see him doing well.  I can have my opinion, correct?  He was a bad weak link last year, including Trae Boston.  Now, he'll really get exposed.  

Homers will never understand the concept of identifying a weakness and removing the weak point before it cost the team a season. There is a fine line between champion and also-ran, and weak links do not make for a champion.

They will make it sound like you hate every pick Gettleman ever made or you just hate the Panthers.

I have actually made the correct 1st round pick every season except the ridiculous pick of Venon Butler in the Cam Newton era. I like Cam, Luke, Star, KB, Shaq, and McCaffrey. Butler is a weak link and will remain that way in the NFL - just like Ealy. I am not going to be easy on a weak link because they are a Panther. I want them off the team or replaced in the starting lineup to make the Panthers even better. No one will ever mention all the players I like, but they love to throw out my list of weak points, and those same people know that the opposing team sees them as a weak point and will exploit them all day long.

They can talk a weak point like Ealy, Remmers, Oher, Philly Brown, Ted Ginn, Boston, Dickson and Coleman at SS up for several seasons. That does not mean they are an asset on the field. Bradberry and Worley are in the same category, and I will be proven correct in a couple more seasons. They should only be back ups at the NFL level. What I hate is the seasons wasted with all the other talent on the field like Cam, Luke, Stewart, Olsen, and Davis when there were easy fixes over those years.

For the record, I believe the offense is now complete with some missing pieces filled in (although, OT is still a worry even though baby step improvements toward average continue). I also think the defense is looking great outside of the corners, and if the CBs are not strong against the run and good at making plays to stop 1st downs, then it never matters how good the other 9 players are on the field. We all know where the offense is going all game long until those CBs prove they are a threat by stopping a drive consistently. The Panthers would be better starting Captain and Elder at CB to support the other 9 players on defense.

Here is to Bradberry and Worley proving me wrong. I also hoped Ealy, Boston, Philly Brown, CAP, Sanchez and Benwikere would prove me wrong too, but that clearly did not happen.

Putting the weak points on the field for a majority of the plays will never be a formula for a championship team.

• 1 month later...
On June 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM, CPantherKing said:

Here is to Bradberry and Worley proving me wrong. 

They already have the last few games of last season, but of course next season will paint the bigger picture of the obvious fact they're good corners.

On 6/18/2017 at 10:51 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Worley got off to a very rough start but definitely improved over the course of the seaon. 

I think this has a chance to be one of the best secondaries the Panthers gave ever fielded.

keeping Norman would have assured that...

Archived