• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Refocused Car-23 SF-3

JawnyBlaze

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-carolina-panthers-23-san-francisco-49ers-3

I know some of you place value on this site's "analysis".  No surprises this week.

Top 5 Grades:

DI Kawann Short, 88.6 overall grade

G Trai Turner, 88.6 overall grade

LB Thomas Davis, 84.9 overall grade

RB Jonathan Stewart, 82.0 overall grade

LB Luke Kuechly, 82.0 overall grade

QB Cam Newton, 66.9 overall grade

The Panthers are building a team around Cam Newton to help him be successful, but if they are to truly compete they need him to play better than this. He missed multiple open receivers, including blowing at least one clear touchdown after a coverage bust in the 49ers secondary, and completed just 55.0 percent of his passes when kept clean in the pocket, for only 5.5 yards per attempt.

RB Christian McCaffrey, 62.9 overall grade

McCaffrey put the ball on the ground when trying to bounce a run outside after avoiding a tackle in the hole, but the mythical ‘McCaffrey Playbook’ was relatively conservative, if it in fact exists, based on this game. He did line up in the slot, out wide and even as a wildcat quarterback, but it accounted for just 10 of his 49 snaps, with the rest featuring around the backfield in various formations. He did see dramatically more playing time than Jonathan Stewart, but wasn’t as successful with it.

Still don't get how PFF comes out with these grades just a few moments after the game's ended without looking at All-22, defensive assignments and playcalls.

Plus, the fact Star's name isn't on there is criminal. He was a huge reason for the defensive line's success.

17 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Still don't get how PFF comes out with these grades just a few moments after the game's ended without looking at All-22, defensive assignments and playcalls.

Plus, the fact Star's name isn't on there is criminal. He was a huge reason for the defensive line's success.

This is how

ChimpManager.gif

43 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I love how they don't even mention rust as a likely factor for Cam's performance, especially in the 1st half.

That's not how this works. It's a straight up grade on performance. Idk why you would be surprised. Cam missed a bunch of open throws, especially in the first half. 

2 hours ago, mikeholiday said:

That's not how this works. It's a straight up grade on performance. Idk why you would be surprised. Cam missed a bunch of open throws, especially in the first half. 

So what you're saying is that their grades are awarded with a total lack of context?

Interdasting.

Know what grade I would give that kind of grading system?  Worthless.

Well I take that CMC stuff as a positive actually.

It means he doesn't need to be cute to be effective and they cannnot for the rest of the season just key in on him in base packages because we did and will just hand him the ball up the middle.

I think Rivera was trying to see what he had in him as much as anything. To check themselves and make sure he can and will run between the tackles and he did. The OL push was crap and the first half and in the 4th Q was when they really started getting push...

35 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

FIFY

Dude, you really do get testy when anybody criticizes Cam. I thought he was great in the 2nd half, but that first half was horrible and nobody but us cares whether it was rust or not. Just let it go. We all know that PFF is just a tool we can use to judge players and not the end all be all. That doesn't mean it's unfair or not useful at all.

Archived