• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd round pick redo

OH MY fugITY fug fug

21 yo WR.....like i told yall with Funchess....he's YOUNG. Even not being so young it can take WRs until year 3 to do anything. Now look at Funchess with an NFL body and time. STAHP

Also i'll take Hunter Henry over Butler. That's the repick.

6 minutes ago, stirs said:

CMC and Samuel do more than catch the ball.

Have you noticed how wide open Funch and Dickson have been this year?  Guess what the defense is doing?

Not really because of Samuel though to be fair. Samuel will get there at some point, but the injury had a big impact on his early role.

I just looked back at all the picks post Samuel and there is maybe 5-7 solid players that would bode well on the panthers but nothing that stuck out. And who knows.. a lot of these guys are getting drafted as very young men. You can eye test Samuel out there and he has some growing to do but theres no denying he knows what to do with the football in his hands. Im not sure he will be a great WR w Cam but he a has a place on the team no doubt. 

There were a few picks to bolster depth in the defense, safeties and CBs but we knew we had to add to our offense for Cam to win and thats what we went after. This is all hypothetical and no reason to get mad at the thread lol Im pulling for Samuel all the way but sure its curious always to the "what if" with the draft. Look back on this in 3 years and see.

Yea its way too early to tell. Samuel has had minimal impact so far, but McCaffrey has had a huge impact on how defenses play our team and how wide open Dickson, Funchess, KB have been . 

Particularly with McCaffrey , he has Stewart taking alot of the carries from him and KB/Fun/Dickson getting alot of catches . Defenses still seem to be keying in on him but also hes not getting many chances either. It remains to be seen if he consistently gets less than 50 yards rush or 50 yrd rec per game , or if his role will be increased at some point in the future. Stewart had a poor performance overall today rushing but alot of it is the oline being god aweful at run blocking and Shula calling really terrible plays. 

Archived